You dont owe us sh!t

"So you'll help?" You ask for what seems like the hundredth time today, "it'll only take a few hours please," you rest you hands on the desk as he studies his map again.
"Fine. I'll build your house, but I'm telling you know I'm not going to enjoy being around him.
"When do you ever?" You mutter under your breath.
"What was that?"
"Nothing, let's go already."

~

"What is he doing here? I thought it was going to be me and you." Peter asks, shocked when he sees Eli.
"Yeah you'd like that wouldn't you," Elijah states much calmer than Peter as he drops down the wood. "Don't think I wanna be here with you, I'm doing this for her."
"Yeah well so am I."

~

Time ticks by as they get to work not saying a word to each other and when they do it's short and snappy, you figure it's best to stay out of their way so you sunbathe.

Lying down on the sun washed beach you feel the warm splashing water tickle your toes.

The birds from behind in the jungle call out, you listen to their beautiful songs as they fly out into the open with their beautiful red feathers gliding against the wind. Two of the parrots separate from the flock and take their own path trough the clouds. Smiling at the beautiful sight, a third one joins them and flutters with them for a sweet moment until two start flying against each other. As they fight, your face drops as you watch the last bird do nothing, reminding you of a similar situation. Soon enough, they separate and the two fighting went back to the flock and kept their distance but the one bird left and flew high beyond the clouds.

Closing your eyes, for a second you wish things could be different... you wish Peter and Elijah would get along even though you know they never will... Opening your eyes before you dream to far, it makes you realise how lucky you are and that things shouldn't be different. If they were, it would feel too strange, they have always fought and had their differences. It's just the way it is.

"Amber!" You hear one of them call out as you stand from the sand and run into the forest to go meet them.

In shock you stand, staring at the amazing masterpiece they had created. It was a one room mini hut, it was gorgeous white birch wood. Small and cozy it certainly was, it sat in the tree right off the ground so comfortably. It was modern but warm and sentimental.

 It was modern but warm and sentimental