Chapter 44: My Brightest Star

The familiar smell of disinfectant and humidifier greets him that he never knew he would go through such a scene in the most miserable way. Yet again.

He slowly panned his head towards the sleeping beauty, that beautiful eyes that had been close for hours, and that fluffy lips that had been slightly parted; he badly wanted to kiss.

Everyone had already come and gone back to their houses late at night to watch over Lisa with him. But the hospital staff told them that only Jungkook could stay for the night and they had no choice but to go home.

They manage to sneak in into the VIP ward without the prying eyes of the many with the help of Yuna.

He already informed both of their parents that his marriage proposal was a failure last night, he explained everything that had happened while sobbing and choking from his tears.

Their parents was a bit upset that it failed but they were just curious why she suspect Jungkook of cheating. Her mother was already on her flight to South Korea, and his mother will also visit them today.

The sun was already up in the sky, and he didn't have an ounce of sleep, just watching her, holding her hand, and begging to wake up and forgive him for what had happened.

He doesn't know why she thinks he's cheating on her. He doesn't know how she knew he's with Yuna on the day the three of them went to the shop.

But he admits he lied about going out with his friends or with his members. It's because he was busy contacting a lot of people just to make Kiel's bistro a romantic place for his sweet proposal.

He made sure that every detail was polished, he didn't want the organizer to do everything for him. He wanted to be part of the preparation, because that is all for her.

He wanted her to feel all his love, he wanted to show her that he is eager to marry her. He wanted to show her that his love is bigger than the world they live in.

But everything he prepared was all in vain, he lied, he allowed her to witness him hugging his ex that he knew she had been insecure for forever. It was all due to his negligence, he became ignorant of her struggles.

"Good Morning Baby" he said, like how he usually does every morning after they wake up, before kissing the back of her hand.

He misses their morning rituals after greeting each other on each other's arm.

He misses how she would kiss him even though his mouth stinks in morning breath.

He misses how she would cuddle him and say every endearing word that made his world bright.

The sliding door opened slowly and he saw Kiel entering the room with a flower and her bag in his hand. "It was such a waste if you wouldn't give her at least a bunch of flowers, so I had to wrap it for her," "And I saw her bag on the floor while cleaning," he said.

Kiel took all of the kinds of flowers that were mounted on the walls and wrapped it beautifully in a bouquet of flowers.

"Thanks hyung" Jungkook thanked him.

"I'm so sorry for what happened last night," Kiel told him. "I was assigned outside to look out for her but I didn't she'll come early" "It was my fault, I'm sorry" Kiel told him.

"No, it's not your fault" "Everything is on me" "I made her think I'm cheating on her" he said watching kiel placing her bag and the flower on the table.

"It could have been such a good night." "You could have been smiling right now," Kiel said, looking at Lisa's sleeping form.

"If only I hadn't fucked up everything, I could have been the luckiest man on earth" He said, rubbing his thumb on the back of her hand.