Chapter Two- The Graveyard Escape

The next morning, I felt like I had been ran over by atleast a dozen buses. Pain erupted all over my body, like being wrapped up in a blanket made only of nails and knives. I sat up and forced myself to get out of bed, before I was drug out of it. Or worse.
I grabbed an outfit and showered, which sucked more than a prostitue, due to the unbearable pain. I walked into the living room, trying my best to be as silent as possible. I slowly opened the front door and once it was quietly shut, I took off running. I slowed down my pace, once I had finally reached my destination.
The graveyard.
It would probably make more sense right now to run away instead of going to a cemetery, right? But on my part, it wasn't smart. I tried to run away before. Twice. Once I got a broke leg and the second time, I  had two broke legs. So I decided running away wouldn't be the best choice for me, besides they would always find me. I pushed those thoughts away, and focused on my Uncle JR. I sighed, slowly tracing the name on the tombstone with my cold finger.

"I miss you", I began, "a lot. Sometimes I wish you were here even though it's selfish, I wish you were here."
My Uncle JR was my rock, my best friend. He was like a dad to me, he always cared for me and helped with homework. I never met my real father. My Mom caught him cheating on her so the next day, while he was at work Mom and I left. I was only 3 months old at the time. That's all I know about my dad, because my Mom won't tell me anything about him. My Mom was an amazing woman. She was so strong and the best Mom anyone could ask for. Then Uncle JR died and Mom went insane. She was out every night, most of the time she didn't even come home. Then she met Austin at a bar and that all changed. He was an okay guy at first, then he started drinking a lot and then he went from being a drunk to be a drug addict. Then he got Mom hooked on drugs and that was when all the mistreatment began. And not just for me. Austin hit Mom too. Everytime she tried to protect me from him, she got it way worse than I did. It was his way of showing her not to interfere with my punishment.

Out of all of the beatings I have recived, when I knew Mom had finally gave up that was the worse one.

Flashback

I was only twelve and not the best cook in the world, but it was Mothers Day and I wanted to make my Mom a special breakfast. I planned on making eggs and toast, but it went from eggs and toast to burned eggs and burned toast, which activated the smoke alarm and woke Mom and Austin up.

"What are you doing?", Austin yelled.

"I.. I.. I was just trying to cook. I.. I'm sorry. Mom I didn't.. I didn't mean.. to"

"What have I told you about cooking without an adult?"

I was silent as Austin suddenly came up behind me. I shievered at his touch, in a disgusted way. I tried to run into my mothers arms, but she moved on purpose allowing Austin to grab me.

"Since you like burning things", he mumbled in my ear, "why not?" Then he stuck my hand to the burning stove eye. I screamed and cried for my Mom, but she just stood there watching me. And that was the day, I knew she gave up on me. And in a way, I gave up on myself too.

Noticing that I would be late for class, I got up and ran to school. When I finally got to my class, I had a seat in the back like I normally did. The teacher lectured us but I couldn't concentrate. Thoughts of Mom and Austin, being touched in a way I wasn't comfortable with, going to foster care, Mom telling me Uncle JR was dead, all raced through my mind. It was like watching a horror film and you had one part stuck on your mind and you tried to earase, but it just wouldn't go away. So I just sat there, letting the horror of my life take over me.

"Look guys, the freak is back.", a jock up front said to me. Everyone laughed as they stared at me.

"I didn't know you were gone.", I mumbled but everyone heard, due to their laughter. I hoped and prayed that maybe just maybe, that would make him shut up and leave me alone.

"Why? Did you miss me babe?", he asked staring at me.

"No but next time you should give someone a heads up so me and your brother will know where to hang out next time", I told him with more confidnece in my voice than I'd ever had in my life. He turned away with a scowl and let me be. When school was finally out, I raced home. I coulnd't be late. But then I remembered that I left my bag at school. I mentally cursed myself as I ran back to school. Luckily for me, the school wasn't too far from my house. I grabbed my bag out of the gym and started walking out, when I heard someone say something. I turned around and came face to face with the stupid jock from earlier. I ran out of the gym as fast as I could, but what could I do? Out run a jock that's on the track team? He grabbed me and drug me back into the gym. I screamed for help, but it was useless. All the students had left. Most of the teachers were gone and the ones that were here, were probably in the teachers lounge, not being able to hear my screams. And I knew the coach wouldn't hear me, he was probably too busy getting it on with the English teacher, which was super gross.

"Please just let me go please", I begged

"Now what's the fun in that?"

"Please."

"I don't think so.", he replied pinning me up against the wall. I knew what was going to happen next. So I just stood there defensless, wondering when would it all just end.

I just wanted it all to end.

*The first few chapters will be gloomy, but I promise it will get better*