Chapter Twenty Three- I Swear

KELLINS POV

I felt the anger boil inside of my body. I was so pissed off, I didn't know it was humanly possible to be this enraged, but I suppose the old saying is true anything is possible. If someone told me that Hope would come back to me and we would have a family together, I'd simply dismiss you. Of course, after I told you how insane you were. I missed Hope like crazy and I wished for her to come back to me and we could have a future together, I just never thought it would actually happen.
Thank God it did though. I have no idea where I would be without Hope or my kids.

I walked down the hallway with Hope by my side, she looked so scared, which only made my anger increase. I just wanted to wrap my arms around her and never ever ever let go of her. I wanted to protect her forever, which was something I would do. No matter what. I would do anything for Hope and our babies.

"Good morning, Kellin and Hope, what can I do for you two?", Charles asked me. His cheery voice annoyed me beyond belief. I had to calm down, I needed to calm down at least for Hope's sake. However every time I tried, I saw Hope's scared pallid face. I heard the stupid chilling message Austin and Hope's mother, Lynn left. I could still feel Hope's tears on my bare chest, how she trembled with each sob she freely released last night.

I put those thoughts away and let all my anger take over my voice, "What the hell is going on here? Huh? WE WERE SUPPOSED TO HEAR FROM YOU! HOW DID THEY EVEN GET OUR NUMBER? HOW DID THEY EVEN CALL?"

Hope looked at me, a bit frightened and shocked. Charles looked the same way, not that I could blame them. Charles was Mrs. Martin's husband, who worked on Hope's case. Charles (and Mrs. Martin) helped us move, get new numbers, offered therapy for Hope, promised we would be alerted when Lynn and Austin had a week left in prison, then four days, then the day they got released, etc. So why weren't we alerted? How did they get out? Austin was serving life for kidnapping , intent to sell, possession of drugs, and resisting arrest. Lynn was serving life with possible parole for accessory to kidnapping, intent to sell, possession of drugs, and assaulting a police officer. Even Josh was arrested for assault and rape. It had only been almost three years since they were arrested, how did this happen?

"Kellin..", Hope trailed off, grabbing my hand. I looked down at her and gave her a small smile.

"What are you talking about?", Charles asked.

"I'm talking about the message left on our answering machine from Lynn and Austin."

"They called you?"

"Yeah and you didn't."

"Lynn and Austin are all still locked up I don't-"

Charles was suddenly interrupted by Levi, who was Charles's partner, "We have a problem."

"What's wrong?"

"Lynn and Austin escaped from prison last night. LA police called Josh's probation officer to see if she knew some of his old hangouts. They checked them out and there is no sign of him."

"How the hell did they manage that? And why didn't we get called in sooner?", Charles said. He looked at us for a moment, then went straight back to cop mode. He began talking to Levi and excusing himself for a moment. I looked over at Hope and I knew that look a little too well. Her hand covered her mouth and I knew she was going to vomit. I grabbed the trashcan from Charles's desk and sat it beside Hope. She leaned forward and puked, I felt so bad for her. I hated how she had to go through everything. I just hated it so much, I wish it was me. If I had the chance to take all of her pain away, I would do it over and over again in a heartbeat.

I moved the hair out of her face and grabbed her hand, "I love you, Hope."

She smiled sadly at me, "I love you too."

"I swear I will protect you, no matter what. They won't hurt you, me, JR, or Copeland. I promise, Hope.", I told her truthfully.

They put her through enough in life and this time, I would not have it. They would not hurt her anymore. Not if I could help it.

A/N
Hey loves!

I had the chance to write and I had the idea for this chapter for awhile, so I wrote. What do you think about Austin and Lynn coming back?

Please vote and comment!