Nine-Mystery Girl (KELLINS POV)

KELLINS POV

Due to a stupid road block, my band and I had to take the long way to Atlantic City. I sighed, fighting off the sleep. I had been driving for at least five hours, when I was about to ask Gabe, who plays the drums in our band, if he wanted to drive. Normally our bus driver, Joe, would drive but we decided to let the poor guy get some rest since he had been driving all night long literally.

When I first saw it, I thought I was hallucinating. I mean, I had to be right? What could the other explanation be for me seeing a girl standing in the middle of a train track? But as I got closer, I knew I could not be seeing things.

This was real.

Holy shit.

I was not hallucinating.

I slammed on the brakes, causing Justin to fall of the couch.

"Dude, what is your problem?", Justin hissed.

Ignoring Justin, I got off of the bus and there she was just lying there.

Wait.

I didn't hit her, did I? No, I couldn't have. I stopped before I did. I looked at her seeing all of the recent and healing bruises. Her clothes were dirty and her shirt was ripped, her hair was messy, and I saw an ugly bruise forming around her dark left eye.

"What the hell happened to her?"

"I don't know.", I answered Nick truthfully.

"Shouldn't we call the police?", Jack suggested.

That seemed normal, but seeing as we aren't normal, we carried her onto the bus. I laid her on the couch and that's when I heard her. She was mumbling, "I'm sorry" and "I swear I didn't tell anyone."

Joe started driving again, Nick went back to sleep, Gabe and Jack and Justin played Guitar Hero, while I just sat there wondering what happened to her?

"Kellin?'

"Yeah?"

"Want to take over?", Jack asked.

I shook my head, "Nah, I'm good"

"Kellin, are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine", I lied.

They shurgged and went back to their game.

 Truth was I was far from fine. I wanted to know what happened to this girl. I wanted to know why she was lying on the train tracks.

I had to know.

And it was killing me.