Twenty Five- Incomplete

(HOPES POV)

I paced around the house biting my nails, a horrible nausea and anxiety feeling crept into my body slowly but surely.  I knew Mom and Austin would come for me, but I did not expect them to come so soon, or taking my kids and hurting my friends.

Nick was shot in the rib cage, which ruptured his spleen. It was difficult to tell if he would be okay or not. Jenna was shot in the stomach and was expected to be okay, but again it was hard to be certain.
Jack, on the other hand, was a different story he was perfectly fine. In fact, he wasn't even shot. According to him, he went upstairs to grab a fresh diaper for JR when he heard gunshots and loud cries coming from JR and Copeland. He quickly grabbed his cell phone, dialed 911, explained what happened, then disobeying the operator, he hung up. He raced downstairs and wanted to chase after Austin, who had JR and Copeland, but when he saw a bloody Jenna lying on the floor clutching her stomach he panicked, which I could not blame him for. But him and Kellin didn't see it my way.  Instead they blamed themselves, when it was clearly my fault. Mom and Austin took Copeland and JR because I ran away. They kidnapped my babies to destroy me, which they were unfortunately exceeding at. With JR and Copeland gone, I had no idea what to do with myself. I was incomplete, like half of me was gone. It felt like someone had literally took a chain saw and just cut me in half.

"I am so sorry guys", Charles said, "We're going to head back to the office. If there is anything you two need, do not hesitate to call, okay?"

I nodded, intertwining my fingers with Kellin's. He glanced at me and gave me a small sad smile. I hated this so much. I hated Mom and Austin for doing this. I hated myself for putting Kellin through this. I hated myself for endangering my kids lives. Who knew what they were going through right now. Were they okay? Safe? Hungry? Scared? Confused? Hurt? Sad? Tired? Were they in pain? Restless? Cold or hot? Uncomfortable? Just the thought of them going through any of those emotions made me feel uneasy. I despised this so much. I bit down on my lip, trying to block the tears away. I instantly felt a small bump and blood form in the inside of my mouth. I ignored it and bit down even harder.

I would not cry..

I would not cry..

I would not-

"Hope?"

I abandoned my thoughts and focused on Kellin, who was speaking to me.

"What?"

"That was Nick's mom. She's flying in and I'm going to pick her up from the airport and take her to the hospital"

I nodded, "Okay"

Kellin embraced me in a tight warm hug. I wanted to stay this way forever. I just wanted Kellin to hold me forever, because when he did all of my fears and doubts went away and I felt like I could conquer the whole world.

Kellin kissed me, "I love you, sweetheart"

"I love you too"

Kellin slipped his black leather jacket on over his red and black plaid shirt, then he picked up the car keys from the wooden coffee table.

I hugged him, "Be careful, okay?"

He smiled and placed a soft kiss on my forehead, "Always"

********

It was going on ten P.M. Kellin just arrived at the hospital with Nick's family. There was still no news about Copeland or JR. No sign of Josh. No sign of Mom. No sign of Austin. And there wouldn't be, unless they wanted to be found. Growing up with Austin, I knew how incredible he was about disappearing from the face of the earth. It was like trying to find a needle in a haystack, really.

I sat down in the floor of JR's room. His sweet baby scent filled the room and all of a sudden I was crying so hard and couldn't stop. It was so unfair! Haven't they put me through enough already? Hasn't life threw me enough curve balls? Why couldn't I just be happy with my family? Was that really too much to ask for? Why did I always end up hurting the ones I love?

"Hope?"

I faintly heard Kellin call my name, but I was off in a daze. Nothing seemed real and everything around me was like it wasn't even there.

"Hope?"

I heard Kellin's voice again, but it grew fainter and it was suddenly becoming hard to breathe.

"Oh, Hope", Kellin said, sitting down in the hard floor beside me. He wrapped his arms around me and softly rubbed my back, "Calm down. You're okay. It's okay"

I buried my face into his chest and cried even harder, "It's just not fair!"

"I know, baby. I know", Kellin murmured.

Sorry for the late update but like I said before, it's hard to update when I want to without a laptop charger. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoyed reading this chapter!

Don't forget to vote and comment, please!