Chapter Sixteen- We Know

KELLINS POV

After getting back from the carnival, I received a call from Bryan Stars, who was an interviewer. He informed me that he had an interview set tonight with Her Bright Skies, but they had to cancel due to a personal problem. After checking with the guys, we agreed to have an interview tonight.

Hope emerged from the bathroom and plopped down on the couch beside me. I saw the tiredness and sadness in her eyes and frowned.

"We're having an interview, Hope. Just letting you know.", Justin informed her

"Hope nodded, "Okay. I think I'll go to bed now, goodnight guys"

"You can stay here you don't have to leave."

Hope weakly smiled, "I know. I'm just really tired."

"Goodnight.", we all told her, as she went back to bed.

A few minutes after Hope went to bed, Bryan arrived.

"Hey guys!", Bryan greeted us.

"The fuck is up, Bryan?", Jack asked with a laugh.

Before Bryan could answer Hope entered the room. She smiled and went into the kitchen, she grabbed a water from the refrigerator then left.

"Who was that?", Bryan asked.

"Uhh, just a family friend.", I answered.

"That's nice. It's always good to have friends and family to tour with."

" So How is touring going?"

"Great. The fans are amazing and we thought of canceling the tour because of some personal problems going on, but we didn't and I'm glad we didn't.", I answered.

"That's good. Thanks for letting me come on such a short notice."

"No problem."

Bryan asked us more questions, some he came up with or some that the fans asked. They were great questions and I tried to answer them, but I couldn't concentrate. I should. I wanted to but I couldn't. Hope kept creeping into my mind.

"Okay last question. What would Kellin most likely get arrested for? Or anyone in the band?"

"Masturbating in public", Gabe answered, which caused a roar of laughter from everyone.

"Thank you for letting me do another interview with you guys and I hope the tour continues to go well. Alright now lets end it with a ridiculous pose."

Everyone including myself made weird faces, as Bryan turned the camera off.

"Bye!"

"Bye Bryan!"

"I'll update the interview soon. It was good seeing you guys again!", Bryan said as he left.

And Bryan did not lie, he updated five hours later. I was surprised it usually took Bryan a few days or even months to upload the interviews he did.

I was beginning to fall asleep, when my phone went off. Normally I would ignore it and just check it later, but my gut was telling me to look at my phone. Now. And so I did. It was just a Twitter message from a guy of the name Austin Reynolds. The message read:

"I saw the interview Bryan did with your band and I loved it! I noticed the girl that came into the video. Since you guys know her so well, remind her that her parents love and miss her and not to forget that she has go back to court soon."

Court? What did she do? Was it something big? Or was it something small? And who was Austin? Was he her Dad? Or a family friend?

All of these and more questions swarmed inside of my head.

Hope was my girlfriend, I should know these thing but I didn't. And that made more anger boil inside of me. I shouldn't be so angry, but I was.

HOPES POV

I awoke the next morning to Kellin telling me that we needed to talk. And now. I had the worst feeling about this.

"So uhh, what did you want to talk about?", I asked, instantly seeing the anger in his face.

"Have you ever been to jail, Hope?"

"No.", I answered way too quickly. I didn't even think about what Kellin asked me, it just came out.

"Hope.", Kellin said trying to be calm, but he was doing a poor job.

"What?"

"Do not lie, please. If you are in trouble or something, tell me. You can trust me."

"I know."

"Then why are you lying to me?", he yelled.

"I'm not!", I shouted.

"GUYS! KEEP IT DOWN!", Nick yelled with a groan, then went back to sleep.

Gabe and Jack sat down on the couch, staring at me and Kellin.

"Alright. What's wrong?", Jack asked.

"Ask Hope.", Kellin grumbled.

"I don't know.", I say honesty. Why was he suddenly so angry?

"Yes you do! Why are you lying?"

"I'm not.", I shouted again.

"Yes you are. You've been to jail before, Hope"

Wait. How did he know this? Mom. Austin. They found me. I had to get off of this bus and now. I ran to the bathroom and locked the door. It wasn't where I wanted to be, but it was the best place for privacy. Yes, there was a chance that the guys might still bug me but at least I did not have to face them now. No, now I could think or at least try to.

"Hope? Open the door, please.", Jack pleaded.

Ha. No way. I ignored him, Justin, Gabe, Nick, and Kellin as I tried to think of my next move. We would stop tonight in Miami around seven P.M. The guys had a show and I knew they wouldn't cancel just because of me, so when they leave I'll pack my things and leave. But where? I had been selling merchandise for the guys, so I did have some money. I'll take that money, catch a bus and let it take me as far as it can, or as far as I can go with one hundred dollars.
That was my plan.

"Hope, I really have to use the bathroom.", Gabe whined again.

"T.. T.. Tough", I finally said as tears rolled down my face. They found me. I was never going to be safe. Never.

Out of nowhere, I saw the door knob being jerked. Then it opened and Kellin came in. I looked at him, bewildered.

He shrugged and showed me the bobby pin in his hand.

"I want to be alone.", I told him.

"I just want the truth. I know you are hurt and scared and sad, I can see it. And I want to help you, Hope, I do. But I can't help you if you won't talk to me."

I let out a sad sigh, as Kellin kneeled down beside me. I felt so weak. I did not want the guys or anyone else to know how sad and scared I was, the more people who know the more people to see how weak I am.

As if reading my thoughts, Kellin placed his hand on my shaky knee and mumbled, "I don't think your weak."

I sighed one last time then I began my story. I told him everything. How when Uncle JR died, Mom lost it. I told him how many times I went to foster care, the abuse, Josh, the bullying, why I was in jail, and even the countless nights I spent wondering, will Austin come into my room again tonight? Or will one of his friends?

Kellin held me carefully as I continued to tell him everything. And when I stopped due to my sobs, he would promise that I was safe now and he would never let anyone hurt me.

And although I found his words comforting, I knew I couldn't stay and I knew he couldn't keep me safe.

Mom and Austin found me and I had to leave.