Chapter Eleven-No Confessions (HOPES POV)

Hopes POV

I was going to go home that was my plan. What else could I do? Drag Gabe, Nick, Justin, Jack, and Kellin into my problems? Besides Mom and Austin would always find me mine as well get it over with, right?

However after a week with the guys, I had a different perspective of things. Why go home and get beat? Why not run? Why not enjoy life some?

"Hope, it is your turn.", Jack told me. I sighed and turned my attention back to the game we were playing. It was truth or dare without the option of truth, if you declined a dare you had say something about yourself. I suppose this was their way of trying to get me to open up, but that was not happening anytime soon. Honestly, I didn't know if I would fully open up to someone.

"Dare?", Justin asked raising his eyebrows at me.

I laughed, "no way."

"Why not?"

"I don't know if I trust you guys enough to say dare."

"I'm offended!", Jack exclaimed gasping.

I laughed again.

"Then tell us something about yourself."

For a second, I considered going with a dare after Nick said that.

"Can I just for-fit?"

"Nope."

"I'm not that interesting.."

"Oh come on, if Kellin and Gabe can't bore us than you can't."

"Hey!", Kellin and Gabe shouted in unison.

"I'm really just your average teenager. I don't like school but I have good grades and I want to be a therapist if I go to college.", I confessed.

"What about your parents?"

"Oh.. Uhh.. We don't really get along."

"Why?"

"They just work a lot."

They were ready to ask another question, but I did not want to answer anymore. Ever.

"Okay enough with the questions. Lets get back to the game!", Gabe said. I smiled and mouthed a "thank you" to him. He nodded. Out of all of the band members, I was super close to Gabe and Kellin more than anyone. Anytime I tried to do something Kellin was right there watching or offering to help me, it was cute in a way. But as for Gabe, he was like my big brother. He gave me my space and always reminded me that if I wanted to talk, I knew where to find him.

Maybe just maybe that's what I need. Someone to talk to to vent to and just get everything off of my chest. But what was I supposed to say? I got abused by my Mom and step-dad? Oh and I'm murderer? Plus I've been to jail? Yeah, thats a great conversation starter.