Thirteen-Happiness and gummy worms (HOPES POV)

Hopes POV

Normally I'm the one who falls asleep early, although I do not actually sleep I just lay there thinking, Kellin had went to bed earlier than anyone. I thought it was unusual and from the way the guys were acting, they too concluded it as unusual. I considered going and talking to him, but a part told me not to. I shouldn't. I couldn't. However that part of me seemed to vanish, because before I knew it I was sitting next to Kellin.

"Are you okay?", he asked me.

"I was about to ask you the same thing."

"Yeah, I'm fine.", he told me. But we both knew it was a lie.

"Kellin.."

"Life is just unfair.", he whispered.

"Tell me about it but it gets easier."

"Doesn't seem that way."

"I know but.."

"My sister adores her family to death. That is literally all she will talk about nine times out of ten, her kids and husband mean everything to her. Everything. And what does the asshole do? He cheats on her.

My father leaves my nineteen year-old Mom pregnant with me. Then six years later he shows up on our door step, begging for forgiveness and saying he wanted to be a real father and support us. And what does he do? Three months later, he is packing his bags because Mom is pregnant with my sister. And now look, sixteen years later he wants to come back and be a part of our lives."

"I'm sorry, Kellin. I'm sure everything will work out for your sister maybe this happened so she can have a better family. And as for your Dad, it's your choice. He hurt you, I understand that and I will also understand if you did not want him in your life, but we only have one dad in our life. Remember that."

I felt like telling him right now. Everything. But could I?

"You can tell me anything.", he said as if he read my mind.

I shook my head, "It's nothing"

"Okay. Well, tell me something about yourself. Anything."

"I hate gummy worms.", I blurt out.

He gasped, "no way!"

I laughed, "I do."

"Why?"

"Why not? It is like eating rubber."

"No, it's not."

"Is too."

He shook his head and we both sat there smiling and chuckling at each other.

"Thank you, Hope."

"For what?"

"For talking to me."

"Oh, you are welcome"

We sat silently for a moment, then I said goodnight to Kellin and left.

"Is he okay?", Jack asked me.

"Yeah.. I think so.", I said smiling because for once in my life, I actually felt good about something.