Light

⬆️⬆️⬆️ So that video is basically a preview of this chapter I was bored at work and busted it out in like 30 mins lmao if it's bad that's why😂😂😂⬆️⬆️⬆️

The sound of sirens invaded Caroline's ears as she ran. Headed towards the hospital, where she hopes Damon had taken Bonnie, though for what she wasn't sure. Caroline had attempted to run in as another explosion occurred, only to be stopped by Stefan, the man had to restrain her completely. His arms wrapped around her from behind, holding down her arms, and turning her away from the explosion before she was hurt. Half his face burning off in the process. As soon as they'd walked into the room they were shocked to find Damon of all people leaving them all behind, the unconscious witch in his arms, leaving a puddle of her blood behind and a slowly healing, yet still knocked out, hybrid.

The sight made Caroline's blood run cold. She stood frozen in fear for a moment before she ran. Tyler caught her before she could get to close to the hospital, reminding her to slow down, that they still had to be careful of ousting themselves. Rebekah easily caught up with them, with a conscious but deeply wounded Klaus, and agreed with him. Telling her to calm down, trying to keep a brave face by commenting that Damon finally made himself useful, but Caroline could see through it. They were all terrified.

As Caroline bursts through the doors of the ICU she ran towards the front desk. Her entrance making the nurse jump slightly. The older woman's hand going to her chest as she looked up at the blonde in surprise.

"Bonnie Bennett, she would've just gotten in" Caroline blurted, not caring about niceties. Her panic preventing her from giving a damn about the indignant look on the nurses face. The nurse opened her mouth, ready to reprimand the blonde, but Rebekah was at her side in an instant.

"Where is Bonnie Bennett?" Rebekah said, compelling the older woman. Caroline didn't even blink as the nurse went about searching her name.

"Bonnie Bennett, 18 years old, in for a knife wound to the heart" she said an even through the compulsion, compassion was heard in her voice. "She just went into surgery" the nurse told them. Caroline nearly screamed before hearing her name being called. Turning she found Damon coming towards her.

"Damon! What happened? Where is she?" Caroline asked, her voice panicky. Caroline walked swiftly towards him. Everything feeling too slow around her.

"She's in surgery, you can see it from there but Caroline I don't think-" Damon started but the blonde pushed passed him. Rushing into the room he pointed to and immediately wishing she'd headed his warning.

Caroline felt the breath leave her lungs as soon her eyes found Bonnie. The witch laid on the operating table with her eyes closed. A cap covering her hair and tubes going in and out of her. But the most traumatizing thing was her open chest. The doctors performing open heart surgery on her best friend.

A choked sob escaped Caroline as she looked at Bonnie. Pain erupting all throughout her chest. The blonde vampire felt hands on her shoulders, attempting to push her out of the room, yet her eyes couldn't leave Bonnie.

"Come on, you shouldn't see this, we can't help with this" Damon muttered, yet Caroline shook her head, turning to hit Damon's chest.

"Why'd you bring her here? Why didn't you give her your blood?!" Caroline nearly yelled at him. Her fear and worry causing her to lash out. Damon narrowed his eyes slightly but attempted to tamper down the anger. Knowing just how worried, and heartbroken, she was.

"I tried, it didn't work, and I was running out of time" he told her, his face breaking down slightly. Showing Caroline a different side to the blue eyed vampire."The knife was literally inches from her heart, if I didn't get her here in time, she'd already be dead" he nearly whispered. The vampire deflating as his mind went to the witch. Seeing her so close to real death was something he couldn't imagine happening really. She always seemed to scrape by in the end.