Draw Your Swords

"Hey pass the the chips" Bonnie asked Sam as she sat in the back of the Impala, her hand stretched out towards him. Sam smiled as he passed her the chips, just happy that she was feeling better enough to eat.

After her dream, or rather their dream, she wasn't able to eat. This morning she simply grabbed coffee and rushed everyone to get on the road and get the book.

"Were you able to get a hold of Elena?" Dean asked her as she popped some Doritos in her mouth. Bonnie nodded, guzzling down some Pepsi before she answered.

"Yea, she said she'd pick them up after school" Bonnie told them making Dean frown at the thought.

"Wait shouldn't you be in school?" He asked. Bonnie shrugged as she continued eating, not at all worried about it.

"I had enough credits to graduate early but decided to wait so I could graduate with Caroline and Elena, going to classes is really just a formality and all my teachers were compelled to mark me present the only class o really needed was history but since I'm a part of it I think I can skip it" she told them. Dean raises an eyebrow at her but shrugged it off. They were saving the world and no one was really getting hurt.

"You deal with all this and still have the opportunity to graduate early?" Sam asked suddenly making Bonnie shrug once more.

"It's important" she told him simply, not wanting to get into how her Grams made sure she took school seriously from a young age. Dean looked at her through the rear view mirror, watching as she got a far off look in her eye. Before he could say anything he looked around once more, noticing a Waffle House at the next exit.

"Alright I'm starving and I see a Waffle House" he said happily, swiftly turning to catch the exit. Bonnie smiled at him through the mirror, happy that he was no longer worrying.

He'd been hovering since last night. After she told him what she saw she wanted to throw herself at him, just hug him until he felt real. She managed to stop herself but he must've seen it in her eyes because they all spent the rest of the night drinking tea and watching Game of Thrones.

They all fell asleep in the sitting room. Sam on the long couch, due to his size, while Bonnie and Dean took up the love seat. She woke up with her head on his shoulder, it was becoming a regular occurrence.

Getting out of the Impala, or Baby as Dean called her, Bonnie looked around. The town was small, smaller than Mystic Falls at least. It was very quaint. She would have liked it had she not felt eyes on her the moment she stepped out of the car.

"You feel that?" Dean asked them, his voice gruff as he looked around. Sam looked at him seriously before nodding.

"It's a small town in the south, could be some racist hick that doesn't want me here" Bonnie offered with a shrug of her shoulder. She was a black woman in America after all. Dean glared at an older white man as he eyed Bonnie from afar, putting his arm around her protectively.

"It's never as simple as that for us, even the last racist we dealt with was a ghost" Dean said remembering the last time he'd seen Cassie. Bonnie look at him with a raised eyebrow wanting to comment. Before she could respond he was guiding her inside, his hand moving to the small of her back.

"I can't wait to have my chocolate chip waffles" she muttered as she looked around the diner, sliding into the booth. Sam looked at her in disgust, wondering how he was stuck with 2 people who never took care of themselves. Seeing his face Bonnie smirked. "Just slathered in syrup and a mountain of bacon next to me" she said exaggeratedly.

Dean watched as she animatedly told his brother all the incredibly unhealthy things she wanted, grossing the large man out. He slid in the booth beside her, watching in enjoyment as she began to mess with Sammy.