The Ball

(How Bonnie looks in case you forgot)

Bonnie POV:
Looking around I can't help but feel self conscious at all the stares me and Stefan are getting. Stefan, of course, takes it all in stride as he leads us to where Elena and Damon are having a discussion, not even realizing our presence yet. A part of me is glad, already tired of the looks I've gotten since walking in. Not used to this much attention. Maybe a whole new look wasn't the best way to do this.
"Hello brother, Elena" Stefan says stopping a few feet in front of them. I quickly grab a glass of champagne to calm my nerves with the hand that's not on Stefan's arm.

As they turn to us I see their eyes widen as they land on me. Elena gives me a smile, happy to see me, if not a little surprised. Seems Damon wasn't the only one thinking I was gonna be boring Bonnie tonight. Shaking the thought from my head I sigh, Elena is my best friend she doesn't think like that she's kind, compassionate.

"Bonnie you look amazing" she tells me and I smile back at her, we may not be speaking as much anymore but I love Elena, she's my sister. And even though she's surprised by my new appearance I can tell that she really does mean it.

"Thanks Lena so do you" I tell her and I'm not lying, she looks beautiful in her almost princess like dress, curls flowing down her back. Damon wasn't wrong she is the belle of the ball. I look at Damon who still has a shocked look on his face. His eyes not leaving me yet. Elena looks from me to Stefan, longing in her eyes. I feel the need to look away as she stares at the immortal for a moment.

"Um Stefan maybe we can talk for a minute" she asks him, he looks at her slowly, his expression blank as ever. I feel for Elena, it can't be easy knowing the love of your life feels nothing, about anything. He gives her a slow nod and they move away. I see Rebekah dancing with Matt and smile. From earlier today it didn't seem like Rebekah wanted to hurt Matt at all, she's just looking for a connection with someone other than her brothers.

 From earlier today it didn't seem like Rebekah wanted to hurt Matt at all, she's just looking for a connection with someone other than her brothers

Smiling at the pair I finish my drink, as I go for another I feel eyes on me. Turning I see Damon still staring, though the shocked goldfish look is no longer on his face. Instead he has a smirk is on his lips as he looks at me.