Lines In The Sand

After a slightly tense walk, Elijah and I get to the kitchen to find Klaus inside. Does this man not stay in one place? He looks up and gives me a smirk as he stands at the stove, over a rather large pot. It's a strange sight to walk in on. Never since meeting him would I have thought to walk in on this.

"Hungry love?" He asks and I nod softly. He gestures for me to sit at the counter. I lean on it instead trying to look over his shoulder and see what he's doing.

"You cook?" I ask incredulously. Never pegging him as the type. He throws a smirk over his shoulder.

"There's a lot you don't know about me love" he says. Looking over at Elijah, he raises an eyebrow. "There's no need for us both to feed her brother" he tells him and I look at the older brother, feeling a blush on my cheeks. I'm unable to forget how we felt pressed against each other. Elijah looks irritated for a moment before he shakes his head.

"I suppose you're right, besides I need to change" he says before looking at me. I notice then that the originals sweat soaked through some of his shirt.

"Goodnight Bonnie" he says kissing my hand and swiftly leaving. I whisper a goodnight and move around the kitchen, once again alone with the man I called an enemy for so long.

"You realize I'll have to dagger him now" Klaus says and I raise an eyebrow at the hybrid. Confusion marring my features.

"For what" I ask sitting on the counter behind him. The slits in the dress showing my legs. I go to try and cover them but remember what Rebekah said about feeling comfortable with my sexuality.

"Touching you of course" he says smirking and I roll my eyes chuckling softly.

"Is that your answer to everything?" I ask and he shrugs before turning to me, smile on his face and a steaming bowl in his hands.

"Lobster Bisque" he says taking a spoon and holding it out to me. I raise an eyebrow at him but he just challenges me with a smirk. Rolling my eyes I take the bite. As I do the flavors burst in my mouth, my eyes quickly widen before fluttering closed and I let out a low moan.

This is absolutely heavenly. Opening my eyes again I see him smirking at me with a raised eyebrow. Covering my mouth with a hand, I smile sheepishly.

"That's amazing" I say as his smirk widens, probably seeing the light blush on my cheeks. He smiles nodding. I look down in confusion, wondering why the hell I feel so comfortable in Klaus's presence. Ever since I've been here it's like I'm relaxed around him. My magic isn't on the defense anymore either. Hell sometimes I have to calm it down around Stefan but lately when I'm around Klaus, nothing. It's almost completely calm. If anything it seems to want to reach out to him.

"I'm glad you like it" he says smiling at me devilishly. I shake my head slightly as he holds up another spoon for me. I don't think I'll ever get a read on this man, or my own feelings for that matter.

"Are you going to feed the whole thing to me?" I ask giving him an incredulous look as I take the bite anyway. He smirks again.

"A queen must be doted upon" he says simply. I roll my eyes at him thinking he must be joking, but he just offers me another spoonful. I raise an eyebrow at him but take it anyway closing my eyes as the flavor burst in my mouth. Opening my eyes again I see the smirk still firmly on his face.

"So is this how you treat all your enemies" I ask him with a raised eyebrow. This time it's his turn to roll his eyes as he looks at me exasperated. I try not to giggle at his face, but I can't help the smile.

"You are no longer my enemy Bonnie" he says as if he's talking to a child that won't listen. "If you were I would've left you for dead the minute Elijah brought you through those doors" and something deep inside me believes him. I don't know what it is, or where it came from but I believe the hybrid when he tells me this. I just nod as he holds out another spoonful to me rolling my eyes but taking the bite.