Homecoming Part 1

The week has passed fairly quickly in Bonnie's opinion, thankfully with no more incidents. Bonnie, Caroline and Rebekah went shopping for dresses. Though she'd admit she was a bit disappointed she hadn't seen Klaus or Elijah, she didn't dwell on it.

In fact she tried to completely ignore it, even if they were okay with it, it didn't mean she was. So instead she focused on spending time with her father, who was able to stay for a couple of days. The spent the whole time together, other than the time Bonnie was in school.

That's who the resident witch was with currently. Sitting on his bed as he packed for another business trip. Rudy Hopkins was a man who loved his daughter immensely. The only problem was that he had to travel for work and it sometimes got on the way.

Bonnie, being the mature young woman that she was always tried to understand but she'd be lying if she said she wasn't effected by it. It was well known truth in the Hopkins-Bennett household, a truth that was never discussed.

"How long for this time?" She asks softly as he packs, he looks at her apologetically.

"2 weeks" he tells her. She just nods at him, honestly expecting a longer time frame. It wasn't abnormal for him to leave for a month or 2 at a time. While before it felt lonely and almost like being abandoned, now with the supernatural in Mystic Falls she welcomed it. The longer he was gone the safer he was.

"I'm going to go cook breakfast" she tells him with a smile as she stands up. "I told Rebekah I'd go to her house early so we could get ready for homecoming together" she says and he smiles at her warmly.

"I like her" he says and Bonnie has to hold back a snort. He wouldn't like her as much if he knew exactly what she was. "No really, you seem happier, more free" he says and she looks at him in confusion. Sighing he stops packing his bag and faces her.

"I know you don't like talking about being a witch with me because you think I don't understand" he says and she flinches a bit. She never voiced it but it was true. He didn't understand what it was like to be a part of the supernatural world. He smiles softly at her in reassurance as he puts a hand on her shoulder.

"I get it, the thing is I know it's taken it's toll on you. You've been slipping in classes, tired, up until not too long ago it looked like you weren't eating right. I almost quit my job, but since this Rebekah girl came around you've changed. You've been more open, you've smiled more and even talked to me more. Hell you talked to me more this week than you did over the summer" he exclaims and she laughs lightly. It was true. Everything he said was.

"So whatever Rebekah Mikaelson is doing, I appreciate her" he says, before Bonnie can respond there's a knock on the door.

Considering everyone knew her father was home so it wasn't the best time to disturb her Bonnie was more than a little confused, and a bit nervous. She hoped nothing ruined her and her fathers goodbye breakfast. It was a thing they did, even in school days she'd miss 1st period to do it.

Hopping down the stairs Bonnie slides in front of the door. Opening it she sees a smiling Rebekah.

"Hello darling" she says walking into her home as if she owned the place. Bonnie rolled her eyes at the blonde affectionately but turned to her.

"Hi Rebekah" she says closing the door as the blonde goes straight to the kitchen to sit at the counter. Rebekah gives her a innocent smile.

"You look good" Rebekah says appraisingly, eyeing her white tight mid thigh dress with a blue shawl over her shoulders.