Waking up from the nightmare

(Author's note - trigger warning, rape content)

"Come here, it no use resisting. The Huang bastard agreed to this deal..." smirked magistrate Wang, his eyes hungrily devouring me as he sat and pretended a nonchalance attitude. His greasy eyes ran all over my body as his two lackeys locked my arms and pushed me down to the floor.

"A beauty like you should not waste your youth on that wastrel. Why not take this opportunity to please me and cling onto my sturdy branches for support the rest of your life?" he slowly spit out the hateful words.

Looking at him with tears of pain from the twisted shoulders and fear, I begged, "please let me go, I am Yu Li's person, spoilt and marred...please let me go....look at my burns on my arm and I assure you, there's more scars and marks on my back! I'll only disgust you! Please please....let me go, I'll remember your generosity and will repay you with my labour for the rest of my life!"

"So much cruelty heaped on a beautiful woman..." he licked his lips in relish, eyes ablaze with a sadistic flame. With those words he abruptly got off his seat and stuck his face against mine.

Shaking in fear and disgust I cried with eyes wide shut. "Please...please...let me go!" I sobbed as the monster started to lick my face and down my neck. Shivers of disgust propelled me to struggle uselessly against the two men holding me in place.

Mingled with pain is pure loathing and fear as he proceeded to pull down my robe and exposing my burnt right shoulder and arm. Without a pause he continued to lick and suck at my scars, getting more aroused as he continued to take in the injuries on my body.

Finally he couldn't take the wait anymore, he signalled to the bodyguards to bring me to the bed. He got them to hold my hands and legs down as he stripped me naked. I kept struggling, hoping to free at least one leg to kick the old monster where it hurts most so I can make an escape. But my struggles are futile, how can one weak woman over take the strength of two strong men and a beast?

The struggles fuelled his sadistic nature, even though he is nearing sixty with numerous children and grandchildren, he still didn't let me off. Subjected to pain and humiliation for half the night, under the intense gaze of the heartless men, I could only utter cries for Yu Li to save me until my voice went hoarse and until I finally gave up.

With each position he penetrated my soul broke. When he used instruments my broken soul further fragmented and became an empty rag doll. I am left empty, a barely conscious shell. I didn't even care about the numerous injuries piling onto the previous scars. He should have killed me.

As he left with his men in tow, monster Wang smirked and said that it was worth the bag of gold and business promise he paid. "I keep my promises, little beauty, come find me when you realise you that the Huang bastard have taken off to a better life without you. I will take care of you, maybe even marry you to Pui, here. Hahah, Pui, don't be shy, you saw how beautiful she is!"

Huang Yu Li, you are a cruel bastard! After all I did for you! Even using me to the end to get back your fortune that you so easily and willing swindled away? After everyone betrayed and left you, I was the only one left who saved your useless injured body and nursed you back to health. I was the only one who stuck by you as we hid in my village, in my grandma's house. I fed you, clothed you and loved you! But your cold broken heart turned around and sold me for a bag of gold?

Worst of all, you destroyed my happy memories in my grandma's house with this disgusting beast! I am so angry, so angry, I want to scream at the top of my lungs, I want to rip out my heart so that I stop hurting. But I don't and I can't move. I'm so choked up in pain that I am paralysed.

I sat on the bed and waited for all hope to die. Day turned to night which turned to day but Yu Li didn't come. My injuries stayed untreated as I staggered towards the cliff where my grandma's ashes were scattered.

I no longer felt anything as I took the final step.

But no, I can't! My grandma is still awaiting for me to care for her! Feng Er is waiting for me to pick mushrooms with him tomorrow? No, I must live to see a better day!

As my reality and dreams merged together, the feeling of falling into the depths of a valley pulled a tight knot in my gut.

Bolting up, awake and sweating I felt disoriented.

As I looked around, I recognise this is still my room that I went to sleep in. Feeling my unscarred body I know I am thirteen years old still. Feeling the weight of the stone hanging on my neck, I know that that it was not a dream but a memory of my past life and I am living my second chance.

Quickly getting out of bed, I can see dawn starting to come. It is a new day, a new beginning and all the terrible things have not happened. I need to think of a way to make it never to happen. But how?

Looking out the window, I started to feel hope. I am surrounded by people who love me, they are smart and able, surely we can turn around our fates?

"I'll always believe you." I remembered Feng Er's whisper and his bright smile from last night. Maybe I should give him a chance to help me shape this new life?

For once, I can't wait for the day to begin.