Declaration of war

Just after the soldiers dragged the unconscious Feng Er to a holding cell, hundreds of masked figures in black uniforms embroidered with the Northwest army  logo scaled the walls of the buildings in the imperial city. 

Wherever they flew, thin sheets of white paper with beautifully written words float downwards, like large flakes of snow in a cold winter day. The figures were bold, disregarding that they were in broad daylight and only worked fast pace to distribute as many flyers to the citizens of the city as possible.

The whole imperial city has been locked down and under martial law, enforced by formations of Central Imperial soldiers under the command of the Grand General. The imperial city is the political epicentre of the great empire, filled with foreign dignitaries, noble families, and high-ranking ministers. 

Everywhere you turn, there is a potential to bump into an important person and there are so many rich people here that their spit alone could drown a person. Normally the city behind the walls is bustling with trade and entertainment, but after the decree, the previously lively streets are now quiet, most stores are forced to close and only essential stores selling medicine, food and accommodation services can remain open.

Everyone who is non-essential is expected to remain at home and wait for the next instructions. Knowing this situation, the hundreds of masked figures flew over all buildings, inns, and homes to send out flyers. 

The spectacular display drew out the city's residents from their inner walls. Word of mouth and loud readings on the street made the residents excited and they hurriedly came out droves to get their hands on a piece of paper. Those people who couldn't read was able to rely on their many neighbours who could to understand the writing. 

While the ministers of the Murong Clan's factions are gathered, racking their brains trying to identify the culprit in framing the Grand General, stacks of the flyers rained down onto the courtyard, deliberately taunting them. 

One minister picked up the paper and started shaking uncontrollably. He handed over the paper to the Grand General who quickly scanned the writing and slammed the table, smashing it into pieces.

The papers were quickly read and shared by the ministers giving raise to loud murmurs as they looked at each other in fear and confusion.

The Grand General laughed in anger and ordered one minister to read the paper aloud for the benefit of those who were slower.

"Citizens of the Great Han Empire and residents of the imperial city, I am General Huang Yu Li, the leader of the Northwest army, the one who has a humble history of fighting for our empire and fighting for justice. I am speaking up despite the threats to my life to let you know that our beloved Emperor have been assassinated!

The cruel traitors have suppressed the news so that you could not grieve or seek justice, but this is the truth and you all deserve to know the truth! 

The Grand General have put the city under martial law, restricting your freedom and livelihoods with no end date so that he could easily usurp the throne without opposition, hoping to easily replace the Zhou clan as this empire's leaders.

This has got to stop, for the benefit of you, your children, and your empire, I will fight this evil usurper and avenge our beloved king and father. I have the evidence that implicates the Grand General, this is damning evidence that will stand any court trial. 

Therefore, I, General Huang Yu Li, will declare war against the Grand General with the intention to bring him to justice and the charge of murdering our beloved emperor.

My Northwest troops have surrounded the city and we will besiege it within this day. I call on the righteous citizens of this city to cooperate with my troops and bring the murderer, the Grand General to trial.