The beginning of Bai Ye's revenge

Bai Ye smirked and twisted his clenched hand crushing Xian Pei's internal organs with his power, causing the young man to suddenly projectile vomit out blood.

Xian Pei looked around bewildered when he saw his body levitate upwards which was then smashed down to the ground at lightning speed. Before he got a chance to register the damage that he sustained, his body and face were then dragged along the ground from wall to wall. The ground mercilessly sanded, scratched and peeled his skin and flesh. But he could not scream as his throat continued to fill with blood, blocking his airways making him splutter and choke.

When the force finally stopped dragging him around, Xian Pei tried to lift his face that had become bloody from the mixture of abrasion against the ground and blood leaking from his mouth as blood his eyes weakly tried to find a way to escape. Telling himself not to lose hope and that the demonic sect would sure be here soon to save him, Xian Pei closed his eyes to still his pounding heart.

"No one is coming to rescue you. Xian Pei, you will die a horrible death in front of the boy you tortured for so long," said Bai Ye calmly.

Xian Pei weakly lifted his eyes to look at Bai Ye in disbelief, didn't they say that the demonic sect has this place surrounded?

"We lied, but even if we were surrounded, you still have no hope. But don't worry, I will find them and make everyone single one of them suffer the same fate as you, they will join you very soon," said Bai Ye coldly.

Then with two swift hand movements, Bai Ye sent a deadly force that gripped onto Xian Pei's arms and legs and pulled in opposite directions until enough pressure built up and ripped his limbs from his torso, spraying blood onto the walls of the cave and splattering Shu Mei and the children.

The children's screams mingled with Xian Pei's as Shu Mei quickly waved her fan and forced away most of the blood splatter, preventing the children from being drenched in the sickening liquid.

"Bai Ye! That is too much. Why did you have to kill him in such a messy way, the kids will get nightmares!" shouted Shu Mei.

"He is not dead yet, but I will let him die here slowly. Children remember your family has been killed by this man, he does not deserve pity. I am torturing him to appease the dead. Wan Wan, your true nightmares are now over with his death!" said Bai Ye righteously.

Shu Mei shook her head, there is no getting through to this man who is so ruthless and inconsiderate of the weaker people around him. Least of all, if they ever do get together, they will have massive parenting conflicts.

"What should we do now?" asked Shu Mei, ignoring the dying man on the ground.

"We need more hands to help clean up this villa, so once we get out of here, I will send for the closest branch to come here to help and take care of the children. They are about half a day journey away, so they should be here by tomorrow morning," answered Bai Ye.

"After that?" asked Shu Mei.

"After that, I will exterminate the demonic sect," said Bai Ye.

"But you don't know which ones they are! And by yourself, that's impossible!" said Shu Mei anxiously.

"Are you worried about me?" asked Bai Ye with a light smile on his face.

"You better wipe that satisfied smile off your face. I will come with you, not because I'm worried for you, but that is also part of my duty as a government officer," said Shu Mei.

Bai Ye looked at her protective stance around the children and face sprayed by blood and he started feeling guilty. Because of him, her beautiful face is now contaminated with that beast's blood, she is the most precious person to him now wants to fight alongside him and even risk her life. Even though Bai Ye is confident in his abilities and happy that she cares for him somewhat he still feels uneasy about putting her at risk.

"Don't even think about not letting me go. Bai Ye, I warn you now, if you leave without me, I will never forgive you," said Shu Mei adamantly.

Bai Ye smiled and nodded. He will take it as her proposal to be with him in life or in death and he realistically cannot risk her resenting him for the rest of her life.

The pair took the children out of the cave and back into the villa leaving the place filled with blood, gruesome dismembered body parts and what is left of Pei's dying body without much thought,.

When the children got outside the sun had long settled and it was nightfall. Even thought they were frightened they pushed themselves to find their dead parents leaving Wan Wan with the adults.

"Wan Wan, show me where the carrier pigeons are," said Bai Ye.

Wan Wan swallowed his desire to find his father and led the way to the posting house. Bai Ye and Shu Mei followed the boy, each carrying a heavy heart full of pity for the child who had experienced such travesty at such a young age and forced to mature too soon. They were careful to hide any trace of pity from their faces as to not further burden the child.

When they got to the posting house, they saw rows and rows of large bird cages containing white carrier pigeons, each with their tail dyed bright blue to signify the Zuyi sect.

In the middle of the room there was a thoughtful table complete with ink, paper and string laid in an orderly manner. Bai Ye nodded his head in approval. It was clear that the regional branch was managed well and yet, it disappointingly let such a horrendous crime undetected. It comes to show, children are too vulnerable and needed protection always.

Bai Ye filed this lesson in his heart and vowed that when he has children with Shu Mei, they will ensure that their children are always protected and given the best, no matter how busy they may become. Trusting someone else to raise your own kid is such a cop out in his opinion.

Knowing that Shu Mei also wanted to send letters, Bai Ye gestured to for her to sit on the writing bench before sitting down next to her. Shu Mei ignored the clingy man and started to write her messages. She wrote one to Magistrate Chen with a fake contract and a promise to return and another message to Lu Tai, advising him of the turn of events.

Meanwhile, Bai Ye wrote five notes to the strongest and wisest elders in the Zuyi's other regional branches, instructing them to mobilise immediately and send their best fighters to join him in the war against the demonic sects. On the other hand, he also instructed to strengthen their defences and ready for stealth attacks.

After they successfully sent their messages, like a couple they discussed the next steps and divided the labour equally. Bai Ye went around to move the bodies to a single place and prepared for burial while Shu Mei prepared food for dinner. Wan Wan helped boiled water and got the children cleaned for bed before crying himself to sleep.

It was around midnight, after all the children had gone to sleep, and the adults got a chance to bathe and change clothes that Shu Mei joined Bai Ye up on the roof top. The handsome man was laying on the roof, one hand behind his head and the other one holding a bottle of wine. She grabbed the wine from his hand as she sat down and took a sip. Both stayed silent as they watched the clouds float around the moon that night. In their hearts, they knew that this was the calm before the storm.