I never had a choice

Father Feng looked into Lin Xi's watery eyes and saw it filled with hope and longing. He lost himself in those two windows into her soul, unable to tear away and unable to stop. When she smiled at him, her whole face lit up and tears streamed down her cheeks touching his own heart and soul.

He sighed as he lifted up a hand and gently wipe a tear off her cheek, but when he saw the contrast between his own aged and calloused skin with her egg white like smoothness, he hurriedly withdrew his hand in embarrassment.

But how could Lin Xi allow him to take a step backwards? No, this brave girl noticed the flicker of shame in his eyes and the tremble of his fingers and quickly grabbed his hand to keep it in place. She held both his hands and cupped them around her face, forcing him to continue to look at her and acknowledge his own heart.

Even though the force she held his hands was light, Father Feng felt it was a like a tonne of stone, fixing him in place and not allowing him to move at all. His whole body is in turmoil at this point, his heart racing, his face red and his hands sweaty. Shamefully, there was also another unspeakable reaction in his lower body that made Father Feng want to bury himself in the embarrassment.

It has been over twenty years since he touched a woman or even dared to think of one, dedicating his whole life and emotions to his children. Now, here in front of him is a beautiful young girl, soft and elegant as jade, declaring her love for him and holding his large rough hands in her own smaller and softer hands. His eyes wandered down from her eyes, to her perfect red lips and down towards the tantalising slender neckline before gulping and forcing his eyes to return to her eyebrows.

Everything about this girl is so beautiful and appealing to this man, breaking down his walls of self-control and determination. They stayed in this position for what seems like an eternity as she and he both lost themselves in their proximity and the possibilities of their future together.

"Brother Feng, do you understand my heart now?" whispered Lin Xi.

"Yes," whispered Uncle Feng huskily as he breathes in the warmth of her breath. Their faces are now in such proximity that their noses are nearly touching and her scent and warmth as she speaks envelopes every cell in his body. As if addicted, he could not and would not let go from this compromising position.

"Brother Feng, what should be do about this?" whispered Lin Xi again, moving just a little closer and tilting her head back a little so that their lips nearly touch. She wants to intoxicate him with her presence and in truth, she too is lost in this little world of theirs.

Even though Lin Xi is one of the secret force's top agent, Lin Xi was always cold and domineering and preferred to kill outright as opposed to use the feminine wiles on their targets. This is the first time she is employing skin ship to capture a man. Does she feel guilty? No, of course not, this is going to be her man and she will do anything in her power to breakdown his own walls.

His hands slightly tighten on her face as he wrestles with his own self control and gulps visibly before leaning in slightly so that their lips just touch. At this moment his mind and heart are in conflict, there is a part of his body that just wished that they could continue like this forever while the other more rational side is begging for someone to interrupt them.

"Brother Feng?" whispered Lin Xi again.

"Hmm...I never had a choice?" he whispered back.

Uncle Feng remembered back to when he first met Lin Xi, he felt like his heart was struck by an invisible force that instantly drew him to her. Everything about her was perfect, too perfect indeed, that he put her on a high pedestal in his heart and mind. He knew his situation and limitations very well, he never dared to think of her in any way that would tarnish her image, let alone dared to think she would love him so.

Over the last five years, seeing her everyday and interacting with her when cooking or doing simple things like fanning Grandma Shu was enough for him. He cherished every precious moment with her, memorised her routine and made sure he is always around and available to accompany her. Those moments gave him enough joy and peace to sustain his yearning heart each day.

But during the few times when she would disappear for a month or two, those memories were not enough to sustain him, and he found himself wandering around the villa like a lovesick youth. Father Feng refused to admit or even identify those feelings, he had buried them deep in his heart and forced himself to become satisfied with the status quo.

In his mind, he would enjoy her presence until she gets married and he would watch over her from afar. His heart just longed for her happiness, it was that simple, it did not matter that once she marries, his heart will be ripped into pieces, no, if she is happy, it is enough for him.

"Hmmm?" she asked softly.

"I never had a choice, Lin Xi. I have loved you since we first met, my heart and mind are captivated by you. Your needs and wants is everything to me. I never had a choice, Lin Xi. I love you."

She smiled brightly and leaned in, making the first move to capture his lips fully. Their hearts are now beating in one rhythm now, as they enjoy the feeling and taste of each other in a passionate kiss. She became breathless as he grew more and more bold, taking and sucking out every breath from her. In one swift movement and without letting go of her lips, he lifted her up from her kneeling position and sat her on a more comfortable position on his lap. He tightened his arm around her body, a hand on her waist and the other behind her back bracing her neck.

The walls of self-control in this man who have not touched a woman in twenty years is now crumbling at a breakneck pace. His happiness at holding the woman he had silently loved for five years and knowing that she too loved him, and it was not a pipe dream embolden Father Feng to think about their future together. The future is brilliant, and his self-consciousness is diminishing against her reassurance and passion.

"Lin Xi, marry me? I will prepare some gifts and send the match maker to your parents tomorrow. Lin Xi be my wife?" he asked breathlessly.

"I thought you would never ask, I was going to ask you myself today," she replied happily.

"I must have done a great deed in my past life to have met you, Lin Xi, I love you," he said returning to her lips.

They stayed in that passionate position, unconscious of the world around them until they were unceremoniously interrupted by an impolite cough, which immediately sent them apart with embarrassment at being caught.

"Uncle Feng, Sister Xi, its so great to see you two get together. It's about time, my neck is so long from all the waiting.... hehe....but, it is time for dinner," said Lin An with a cheeky smile and a wink.

The family had already gathered for dinner and no one was brave enough to interrupt the two lovebirds. Eventually, Lin An drew the short straw and was forced to be the unwelcomed third party. She felt her presence in this situation is embarrassing and awkward, but the food was getting cold and these two lovebirds still need to eat.

Father Feng brushed Lin Xi's stray hair and gently touched her well kissed lips before holding her hand and followed Lin An into the main dining hall where the whole family is gathered.

No one made a sound, each sporting a mischievous smile at the couple as they came in hand in hand, while Lin An sat beside Grandma Shu and whispered in her ear. Grandma Shu broke the silence with a loud chuckle giving everyone else the cue to laugh as well.

Father Feng's face flushed red and he also let out a booming laugh. He held Lin Xi's waist tighter before helping her to sit down, every action was gentle and filled with love, as if she is his most precious and fragile treasure.

"Tomorrow, I will send a match maker to the Lin household and ask for Lin Xi's hand in marriage. Are there any objections?" he asked seriously, his eyes scanning the room, daring anyone to even voice a whimper of dissent.