Sleeping together

"Leave the water there, I will do it myself, you both are dismissed," she said coldly.

The maid wants to declare her innocence, whatever the mistress thought she did or wanted to do is false. With pleading eyes, the maid bowed and hastily withdrew with the other maid following suit. When they got outside, she quickly closed the doors behind them and patted her chest, she felt that she was walking on the thin edge of a knife and had just managed to escape with her life intact. How scary!

Shu Mei had no idea what was going on with her, all she knew was that Bai Ye cannot be seen by other women. This was a strange and uncomfortable feeling that she had never experienced before, and she could not name it. She had seen jealous women fight for Yu Li in her last life, but she had never experienced those feelings before and could not understand why those women fought tooth and nail over a man.

But the thought of Bai Ye being intimate with anyone else made her want to scratch out their eyes and hurt him badly.

Bai Ye felt bewildered as Shu Mei suddenly gave him a soul piercing glare and bared her claws, as if she was ready to pounce and attack him. He racked his brains and still could not understand her sudden change, so he decided to play cute and hope to god that it was enough to distract her from her thoughts. Bai Ye silently arranged his face and softened his eyes, sending her pleading and questioning looks.

Seeing the Supreme Leader of Wulin and the most feared man in this era giving her puppy eyes and acting cute is such a large juxtaposition that Shu Mei couldn't help but chuckle happily, instantly forgetting about those murderous feelings that she just had.

"You must be tired after your journey here, let me help you clean up and change," she said as she took his hand and led him behind the screen.

Bai Ye followed obediently, standing where she placed him, his body not daring to move an inch away from her instructions and his eyes fixed heatedly on her face.

Shu Mei originally wanted to help him change and freshen up, but when she looked closer at his clothes and body which should have been dirty from the travel was surprisingly immaculate. The man did not have a single stain on his white clothes, and he smells fresh, just as if he had gotten out of a long bath recently.

She looked at him questioningly making Bai Ye laugh heartily.

"At my level of cultivation, even if I don't eat or sleep or bathe for months, my aura will automatically clean and feed me," he explained.

Shu Mei hit his rock-hard chest and complained, "how is that possible, the advantage of cultivation is so unfair! Does that mean you are no longer mortal?"

"That is just the way it is. I am mortal, just that time becomes less relevant and I'll age slower," he said, holding her hands at his chest.

Shu Mei frowned, if he ages slower and she ages at the same rate then it would be quite difficult for them to be together in the future. If they survive this war, then when she dies of old age, he will still be young and vigorous. With his looks and personality, wouldn't there be endless women clamouring over him when she is older and her beauty fade?

After all, a mere mortal like her cannot hope to cultivate to a level that catches up with him and at some point, he will realise that there are more beautiful options and compare their own youthfulness to her old and wearied body.

These thoughts made Shu Mei feel sad and she once again shot Bai Ye with a gaze full of resentment. In her heart she is already blaming him for straying, she knows it is unfair but the shadow that Yu Li had cast on her life is too big and she could not help but think every man is like him.