Merlin

OC Name- Alizah Pendragon

Fandom- Merlin

Editing Needed- 3/10

(Alizah's P.O.V.)

I lightly hum as I walk the castle halls. My brother is out training and my friends are on their way to the castle, but have yet to arrive. My dress brushes the floor beneath my feet as I venture to find Morgana. I reach an area with a small area for one to sit and look out the windows, and I stop at the sight of a dark blue gown.

"Morgana?" I question, starling the princess. She whirls around to face me and I give her a gentle smile. "What are you doing here?"

"I-Uh, I was-" She scrambles to find an excuse and I chuckle.

"Watching the execution?" I raise a brow, stepping closer towards the windows. "Don't fret. I won't tell anyone. Come. I'll accompany you."

Visibly relaxing, she comes to stand next to me as we look out the large window. There's a large crowd gathered as my father's voice booms through the area. I can't see him, but I know he gives a nod to the executioner. The prisoner is kicked to his knees and I wince in pity. The executioner takes his place as the guards back off, and Morgana looks down, not wanting to witness the horrific event. I cringe back as the axe comes down, severing the man's head. Everyone in the crowd does the same.

"When I came to this land, this kingdom was mired in chaos, but with the people's help, magic was driven from the realm." My father speaks to our subjects. "So I declare a festival. To celebrate 20 years since the Great Dragon was captured, and Camelot freed from the evil of sorcery. Let the celebrations begin."

A loud, agony filled moan fills the air as people move to leave.

"There is only one evil in this land and it is not magic!" An elderly woman wails, looking up at my father. "It is you! With your hatred and your ignorance... you took my son." She points to the dead prisoner. "I promise you, before these celebrations are over, you will share my tears. An eye for an eye: a tooth for a tooth... a son for a son!"

"Seize her!" My father calls. The lady squeals and disappears in a gust of wind.

"Come, Morgana." I tell the princess, pulling from the window. "My father shall be in shortly and we don't want to be caught."

"Of course, Alizah." She nods, closing the window and stepping back. "If I may ask, what were you doing before you found me?"

"Oh, I was actually looking for you." I chuckle. "My girls aren't here yet and I wanted a way to pass the time."

"Oh." She smiles and we fall into an awkward silence.

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I'm sure my girls are waiting on me. "

"Of course." Morgana nods and I turn, venturing back the way I came.

I easily navigate my way around the castle, heading for the entrance where I told my friends to wait for me upon arriving. Servants and guards bow as I pass, and I give them all kind smiles. I try to treat them with respect. It's not their fault my status is higher than theirs. I'm no better than them.

"Lady Alizah!" A voice calls from behind me and I turn, grinning at the old man walking up to me.

"Gaius! How are you doing?" I greet him.

"I'm doing as well as I can be at my age." He jokes and I laugh.

"Where were you headed to?"

"I was on my way back to my tower. I was dropping off an elixir to an ill worker."