Jughead Jones

OC Name- Kailyn Faye Blossom

Fandom- Riverdale

Editing Needed- 4/10

(3rd P.O.V.)

"Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people who live in the town. From a distance, it presents itself like so many other small towns all over the world... Safe. Decent. Innocent. Get closer, though, and you start seeing the shadows underneath. The name of our town is Riverdale. And our story begins, I guess, with what the Blossom siblings did this summer. On the fourth of July, just after dawn, Jason, Cheryl, and Kailyn Blossom drove out to Sweetwater River for an early morning boat ride."

"Are you scared, Jason?" Cheryl asks, looking up at her twin. Jason smiles and shakes his head. Kailyn smiles fondly up at her older siblings.

"The next thing we know happened for sure is that Dilton Doiley, who was leading Riverdale's Boy Scout Troop on a bird watching expedition, came upon Cheryl and Kailyn by the river's edge."

"Jason." Cheryl whispers, holding her sister close to her. Kailyn is cradling her left arm, which is heavily bleeding. She's struggling to breathe, and keeps coughing up water.

"Riverdale Police dragged Sweetwater River for Jason's body, but never found it."

"If he is dead, Hal," Mrs. Cooper whispers to her husband. "I hope in those last moments he suffered. May Jason Blossom burn in hell."

"So a week later, the Blossom family buried an empty casket while Kailyn was in the hospital for her injuries, and Jason's death was ruled an accident as the story that Cheryl told made the rounds. That Cheryl dropped a glove in the water, and Jason reached down to get it, and accidentally tipped the boat, and panicked, and drowned. Kailyn was trapped under the boat, and while she was trying to escape, cut her arm on a sharp rock. She was forced under the water over and over again by the current, and inhaled water. She barely made it out alive. As for us, we were still talking about the 'July Fourth tragedy' on the last day of summer vacation, when a new mystery rolled into town."

(Kailyn's P.O.V.)

"Are you excited? Nervous?" Kevin asks Betty from where we're sat on her bed.

Kevin is laying on his stomach and I'm sitting against the headboard, my left arm in a sling. Betty turns around, a joyful grin on her face.

"Both. I haven't seen him all summer." She laughs.

"Which is why nerves are acceptable." I say.

"But we agreed, Betty." Kevin continues. "It's time. You like him. He likes you."

"Well, then why, Kevin, hasn't he ever said or done anything?" Betty asks, waving a blush brush around.

"Because Archie's swell, but like most millennial straight guys, he needs to be told what he wants." Kevin says, standing and walking to the window. "So tell him, finally."

"Well, we'll see. I mean, it depends."

"Oh my God!" Kevin exclaims, looking out the window.

"What?" Betty asks.

"Game-changer. Archie got hot! He's got abs now! Six more reasons for you to take that ginger bull by the horns tonight." He says as they stare at the boy next door.

"I'm leaving, you weirdos." I laugh, standing and walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Kevin asks.

"I'm gonna get my stitches out and go home. I love you two. I'll see you tomorrow." I reply before leaving.

--------------------------------------

-The Next Day-

"So, I usually start off my tours with a little history and context." Betty says as she exits the office, a raven haired girl following her. "Riverdale High first opened its doors in 1941 and..."

"And hasn't been redecorated since, apparently." The girl interrupts her. "Honestly, I feel like I'm wandering through the lost epilogue of Our Town."

They share a moment of silence and the raven haired girl chuckles before talking. "So what's the social scene here? Any night clubs?"

"A strip club called the Ho Zone." Kevin says as he runs up the them and I calmly walk up beside Betty, not wanting to get too close to the new girl. "And a tragic gay bar called Innuendo. Friday nights, football games and then tailgate parties at the Mallmart parking lot."

"Saturday is movie night, regardless of what's playing at the Bijou, and you better get there early, because we don't have reserved seating in Riverdale. And Sunday nights... thank God for HBO." I finish.

"Veronica Lodge, Kevin Keller and Kailyn Blossom." Betty laughs. "Veronica is new here and Kevin is..."

"Gay, thank God. Let's be best friends." Veronica cuts Betty off again, shaking Kevin's hand.

"Is it true what they say about your dad?" Kevin asks eagerly.

"That he's the devil incarnate?" Veronica asks, clearly pissed. "I stand by my father. Does everyone here know? Wonderful. Ten minutes in and I'm already the Blue Jasmine of Riverdale High."

Veronica walks away and Betty gives Kevin a look before following her. After a moment, Kevin and I both trail after them.

"Oh, and of course there's the back-to-school semi formal dance this weekend." Betty continues.

"Oh! There's the hottie we were with last night." Veronica exclaims, stopping us.

"Archie?" I ask, confused.

"The red headed Ansel-Elgort. Is he your boyfriend?"

"No, he's straight."

"No, we're just friends." Kevin and Betty say at the same time.

"In that case, mind putting in a word?" Veronica asks. "I've tried every flavor of boy but orange."

"Actually, to clarify, Betty and Archie aren't dating, but they are endgame."

"You should ask him to the semiformal then." Veronica suggests and I roll my eyes. I've said that a million times.

"She should, but I heard it might be getting cancelled." Kevin says and I see Jughead standing near his locker, so I walk over to him.

"Hey, Kay." He smiles as I hug him, burying my head in his chest. "How you holding up?"

"Horrible." I reply, but my voice is muffled in his shirt.

"How much sleep have you gotten the past couple nights?" He asks, lightly rubbing my back.

"I don't know, a couple hours?" I sigh. "Everytime I close my eyes, all I see is water and blackness and I feel myself inhaling water and then I see Jason, and I just can't."

"Hey, it's alright. I'm here. We'll figure something out and get you back to normal."

"Thank you." I sigh, pulling back. "But I need to go to the gym. Cheryl wants me with her for her speech."

"But you're not allowed to say anything?" He asks, obviously annoyed.

"Yup. I don't understand why my family hates me."

"You and me both." Jughead replies. "But I'll be right up in the bleachers. If it gets too much or you get nervous, just look up at me. You can do it."

"Thank you. But I really need to go now." I sigh.

"Of course. Go." We kiss before I run to the gym to meet my older sister.