CHAPTER 2 - PHASE 1

"We'll start today then," Pansy threw down her bag next to Draco, hooking a leg over the bench as she sat down for breakfast the following Monday. They'd spent the weekend outlining the logistics. "The Plan to Seduce Potter is officially underway."

Draco nearly spit out his pumpkin juice. "What are we calling it?"

"The Plan to Seduce Potter."

"What does that even mean? I thought it... Pansy, I'm not—we agreed. I didn't have to kiss him or do anything I don't feel comfortable with."

"No, not like that. I just thought it was catchy." She winked with a mischievous grin.

Draco wiped his chin of any drops of pumpkin juice that might've fallen out of his mouth, but he didn't let go of his napkin. Instead, he twisted and untwisted it in his hands over and over again under the table. "Are you going to teach me how to flirt first, or am I supposed to go into this blind?"

"It's not that hard."

"I have no idea what to do or what's going to happen."

"Ooo, thanks for reminding me." She reached down into her bag and pulled out a book. "To document our achievement."

Draco flipped to the first page and wrote in the middle:

The Best Prank of All Time

The Plan to Seduce Potter

By Draco Malfoy

He couldn't help but smirk at the words written on paper. This would go down in history. Once done, he'd submit it to journals and prank books. It would be a front-page feature in the Daily Prophet. Draco would be more famous than the Malfoy name. And Potter would be known as the biggest fool in the entire world. "Brilliant."

"Ready?"

Draco nodded. "Let's go over it again."

"Phase One: Letting Potter know you have a crush on him. Phase 2: Potter falling for you back since you're a rotten brat and he has to get accustomed to you."

"Hey!"

"Phase 3: Dating and Phase 4: Total Distraction, a.k.a when Potter is so enchanted by you, he can't see straight and ends up losing."

"Losing? I thought we were aiming higher. Pain, loss of limb, possible death."

"You're not going to kill Potter."

"One can dream."

Just then, Potter walked in with his head low. Pansy nearly jumped. She was so excited. "This is the perfect opportunity for you to learn your first lesson in flirting: eye contact."

"What about it?"

"Use it. Make eye contact with him."

"What? Now?"

"Yes, now."

Draco blinked and then turned to the Gryffindor table.

"No, not like that."

"I'm just looking at him," Draco snapped back.

"Softer. It needs to be nice and happy."

"I don't... Pansy, I'm not good at this." He broke away.

"Just think in your head, 'I want you.' It helps set the tone."

"But I don't—Merlin, this is humiliating. I never thought in a million years that I'd ever do this." Draco wiped his hair back.