CHAPTER 70 - THE WEASLEY HOLIDAY

"You're going to be fine," Harry assured, brushing through his hair. Draco was across the hall, changing into less fancy clothes. Harry could feel the nervousness radiating off of him from the other room.

"No, I'm not."

"Just be yourself."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Yes, you'll be fine." Then Harry went across the hall. "What are you wearing?"

Draco had on joggers. The joggers they wore in between having sex with each other for two weeks. "You said to dress down."

"Not that much down."

"Well, the alternative is a suit." Draco pointed at his trunk, where he had dress robes.

Harry grabbed the trousers and a button up. "No tie."

Draco took a tight breath.

"Don't look so nervous."

"I'm basically meeting my soulmate's parents."

"You're overthinking this. We're eating Christmas dinner just like we did last night, just at a different house with different people."

"Who could kill me!"

"They won't kill you."

Draco changed and when they met up again, Harry messed up Draco's hair slightly and then grabbed a hold of his cheeks and pulled on them.

"What are you doing," Draco asked through his teeth.

"Loosening you up." Harry pulled just a bit more and then playfully slapped one. "There. Ready?"

"As I'll ever be," Draco sighed, taking Harry's hand. "At least we can breathe on each other without someone implementing a no breathing rule."

Harry laughed. "Go up and shake their hands, but they probably are going to hug you, anyway. Don't be afraid to smile, and try not to say anything about Fred, okay?"

"Merlin, what do I say about Fred?"

"Relax. They don't blame you. There's nothing you could have done. What I've found is just... there's nothing you can say. Nothing makes it better but their pain goes towards their grief, not towards hating you or anything, I've learned."

"Yeah but—"

"Just be empathetic. All they want is empathy. You've lost someone. You've faced a lot of tragedy. They just want empathy like you do." Draco nodded. "And if you like their food, which I love, don't be afraid to tell Mrs. Weasley. Arthur loves muggles so he might ask you strange questions about them, although you wouldn't know much."

"Okay," Draco nodded.

"And yes, be yourself. I love you for you. They will, too." Harry smiled at him. "Mrs. Weasley will love anybody who sits down and has a conversation with her."

Harry grabbed his hand and squeezed it before walking through the Floo with him, not worrying about locking it behind him.

-----------------------------------------

Draco and Harry arrived inside The Burrow seconds later, and they didn't stop holding hands as they stepped out, mostly because Harry tugged on him

Draco was mesmerized at the living room; not only how stark in contrast it was than Malfoy Manor, but also how cozy he was in it. It was like the surrounding walls were hugging him and keeping him safe.

"Harry!"

Several Weasleys all crowded around them at once.

Ginny was first, as she hugged Harry. "Welcome home." She smiled at Draco.