CHAPTER 71 - DETENTION WITH THE DEVIL

They rode back to Hogwarts together in that same compartment in the back of the train with the invisibility cloak clutched tightly next to Draco if they needed it.

This allowed for them to spend each minute left with each other until the following morning, when Harry had to go back to treatment. Draco helped him pack his school books, since now he'd be needing them.

In Harry's room, they gave each other one last great hug. Draco smiled down at him when they let go, but Harry grabbed Draco's face and kissed him. Hard. Making sure he didn't regret not doing so. "Thank you for a great break."

"Thank you for having me. It was sweet, how you pulled all those strings." Draco gave him one last peck, then opened Harry's door and walked out of it. "I'll see you in a few days."

"I'll miss you."

"Er, Harry..." They both looked into the hall to find Dean, Seamus, and Neville standing with wild eyes. "You and Malfoy are friends?"

Harry and Draco took a step back from each other.

"No," Draco snapped in a very Malfoy-ish way while Harry said, "yes."

Then they looked at each other awkwardly.

"Potter, it would be pathetic if you ever considered me a friend," Draco sneered.

Harry blinked. "Er... yeah, you're right. Friends with Malfoy. Ha."

They both wanted to hit themselves in the face. Merlin, this is the least believable fight they'd ever had. It wasn't their fault. They hadn't needed to plan a fight, nor thought about it in a long time.

"So why did you say you're going to miss him," Neville asked.

"I didn't say that, I erm... I said dismiss. I'm going to dismiss him to the Slytherin Common Room, because he belongs with snakes." Draco cringed as Harry awkwardly looked back at him. "Bye, arsehole."

"Scarface," he bit back and tried to sneer, but failed miserably.

Harry pushed past them and left the Common Room, but the three continued staring.

"What are you looking at, Gryffindorks?"

"The fact you were in Harry's room."

Draco froze as he came up with a lie. "The bloody house-elves mixed up our laundry. I was only returning the disgusting shade of red they had the audacity to give me. Why do you care? It's not your business."

Draco scoffed and rushed to his room, opening the door and slamming it behind him.

Blaise was getting ready for class, giving Draco the opportunity to catch him up of how his break went.

The week seemed to be a usual one at first. Draco finished his classes, did his homework, and Harry visited him at night via the soulmate spell.

"Hey you," Draco smiled. "How are you?"

"They're really happy with my progress. They're upping my portion sizes and bulking potions, which is a bit scary, but I think I can do it. And I'm starting on a small exercise schedule. I should be able to exercise, run, have sex, play Quidditch within in the next few weeks."

"I'm so happy for you." Draco snorted, but also smiled. "You said that really causally."

Harry shrugged and tried to play innocent. "I'm excited to not have any restriction."

"I'm sure it'll be so nice for you. You've come so far."

Harry nodded. "The problem is that I have to learn an entire term's worth of school for our NEWT's."