Trigger Warnings - Explained

Hello, this chapter is to explain the trigger warnings throughout the book.

THERE WILL BE MAJOR SPOILERS. This is on purpose, so you know about more of what you're getting into and you can make the most informed decision as to whether or not you want to read it.

Definition of trigger warning: statement at the start of a piece of writing, video, etc., alerting the reader or viewer to the fact that it contains potentially distressing material (often used to introduce a description of such content).

That being said, this story will have a lot of distressing material for certain readers. When I chose to rewrite this, I really wanted to focus on the mental health of the characters since I felt it was glossed over in the canon series.

Types of triggers this story will have:

Anxiety/Depression: There is not one specific chapter that I can point to that has this, but it is definitely in there, especially in a sixth year on, and even in fifth year, too. Seventh year and eigth year both have deep-dives into these subjects, with both feelings and thoughts described in depth.

Graphic panic attacks: because I have suffered panic attacks, I do not take that term lightly and therefore chose to write them true to my experience. Meaning, they are graphic depictions.

Complex PTSD: This is the version of post-traumatic distress disorder that occurs following repeat trauma. Both Harry and Draco have numerous flashbacks following the war, and again, are similar to a panic attack in how they feel. Additionally, the both of them have nightmares. They do get treatment for this so they talk about it in eighth year often.

Suicidal ideation: This comes up multiple times throughout the book, at the end of fifth year and throughout sixth, seventh, and eighth year as a result of trauma, grief and loss.

Eating disorder/Anorexia Nervousa: Harry will develop an eating disorder severe enough to hospitalize him in Eighth Year. Though, from the beginning of the story, he doesn't eat much, it is not acknowledged as a problem until Chapter 22, throughout sixth year, seventh year, and especially eighth year. He will face treatment for it through the entirety of eighth year. Additionally, he will suffer a bit from body dysmorphia but more hatred towards how he looks.

Emotional abuse: gaslighting and manipulation

Smut/graphic depiction of a sexual situation: They bang for seven hours. Nuff said. There are multiple places where this is throughout the book, including masturbation. The clean version will not have this, but the clean version is still being edited, so I have just put warnings up. Yes, these scenes are graphic.

That being said, if these are topics that trigger you, then this might not be the story for you and that's totally okay! It's much more important to stay healthy and look out for yourself.

Triggers laid out chapter by chapter

CHAPTER 22 - THE CHAMBER

TW: eating disorder, unhealthy memory recall/bad relationship with food

Harry tells Draco about his issues with food growing up with the Dursley's. Really, Harry's weight is alluded to quite often throughout the story, but this is when he divulges that he has been starved and has had a really bad relationship with food. It obviously is a place of discomfort for him and he has really bad anxiety about it.

CHAPTER 27 - TO FEEL SAFE

TW: suicidal ideation

Following Sirius's death, Harry wishes that he was dead instead of Sirius, or along with Sirius. These feelings continue into the next chapter and are expressed verbally. He is in obvious grief and distress.