CHAPTER 66 - MEMORY LANE

The following morning, Draco pushed Harry in a wheelchair to the memory ward. There were three chambers in total, and Draco chose his usual one to take him into. The room was a large, white dome that held a projector with an opposing screen, and a bed that allowed for a perfect view. To their left, there was a window separating them from an office where several doctors looked at charts and equipment.

Draco and a few nurses helped Harry into the bed and Draco lay next to him. He pulled up the thick blanket to cover them.

"For some reason, I'm nervous," Harry said.

"It's okay. We're just watching my memories. I should be the nervous one. I have some embarrassing ones in there," he teased, lacing their hands together.

"Welcome, Mr. Potter." A voice came from speakers above them. They both looked at the doctors. "Right now, you're about to be able to take a look at Mr. Malfoy's memories. If at any time you feel the need to rest, there is a button to your left which will stop all the magic. Harry nodded. "Mr. Malfoy, you know what to do."

Draco had already hooked up two probes onto his temples and a wristband onto his wrist.

"Ready?"

"Can we talk during this?"

"Yeah," Draco said. "So we'll start with me as a child."

"Wait, do they see them, too? Are we about to show strangers everything?"

"No. They're just looking in here to make sure we're okay. They monitor our vitals and they have this spell that can check on my memories so that they're all there and they're all seen. But there's another spell that blocks them for seeing or hearing anything for privacy reasons."

Harry exhaled and then looked forward, nodding. Draco squeezed his hand.

Then Draco blinked, and an image came onto the screen.

Draco was a small child, probably five years old. He was in Malfoy Manor, a bedroom the size of the Dursley's house with toys splayed over the floor. It would have been Dudley's dream.

A tiny Pansy and Blaise played with magical blocks that seemed to float around and sparkle. Pansy tried to put one on top of a tower, but she accidentally knocked into it and the blocks collapsed.

"Hey! I worked hard on that," the tiny Draco said. There was still a poshness to him, but it was more endearing, if anything.

"I'm pretty sure you haven't even put on a block," the tiny Blaise said.

"I did, too! I did most of it!"

There was a soft knock at the door. A very young-looking Narcissa came around the corner. "Blaise, Pansy. Your parents are here."

"Awhhh," they all complained.

"It's okay," Narcissa smiled and giggled, "we'll see each other next week in France."

"Bye Draco," they both said.

"Bye."

"Draco," Narcissa walked into the room. She seemed so light and happy, in contrast to how she did now, mature and aged due to Voldemort's reign. "Time for bed."

Two house-elves came to clean up their mess and Narcissa guided Draco to his four-poster, which was the same that he had when Harry visited the Manor after the war.

"Did you have fun with your friends?"

Draco nodded and jumped onto his bed, plopping down onto it. It was six times the size that he needed, being so young. It had a large canopy and silk blankets. "Story time!"