CHAPTER 69 - THE MALFOY HOLIDAY

They woke cuddling and remained still for quite some time, pretending to sleep so they wouldn't have to move. But then Harry yawned because he had to and Draco shifted, kissing his shoulder.

"Did you sleep okay?" Draco whispered.

"Okay enough," he said. "You?"

"Same."

They remained quiet for several moments, enjoying each other's embrace before Harry whispered, "Are you packed?"

"Yes. You?"

"Yeah." Harry bit his lip. "I didn't even unpack."

Draco stretched to pass the time, dance around his feelings. Then he put bluntly, "I don't want to leave you, I just got you back."

"I know. But your mum needs you."

"Do you need me?"

"Yes, but she's been in isolation for months, and we have a spell that we can use every night. Go see her."

Draco took a deep breath. "I know. I wish you could come."

"Me too."

"Hopefully it will go fast," Draco said. And then Harry will just go back to treatment again.

"I'm just a spell away," Harry said.

"I know."

They remained quiet for quite some time before Harry said, "Better eat before we go. I need to take my potions."

They didn't see each other until later on the train.

Draco was alone in a carriage on the very back of the last car, which was mostly empty anyway since Harry had to take his invisibility cloak.

When Harry knocked on the door, Draco jumped, saw it was him, then smiled.

"Hey you," he said after Harry opened the door.

"Hey you," Harry mirrored. "There you are. All alone?"

"It's a good hiding spot."

"Mind if I hide with you? People keep trying to talk to me and it's annoying."

"Not in the slightest."

Harry shut the door behind him and took the seat across from him, putting his feet up next to Draco. They had small smiles on their faces. The fact they were sitting on the Hogwarts Express together felt so scandalous—especially to their inner fourteen-year-old selves. They'd gone through a war, memory loss, but small things like this were still exciting and adventurous.

"Who exactly are you hiding from?"

"The entire time you had your memory loss, I didn't pay attention to anything around me, so all the younger students in awe of me... I never even noticed them, but now I do... I just escaped this huge group of first years practically fanning themselves, which is insane."

"What's funny is the people in our year couldn't care less about your fame. They're like, yeah, there's Harry."

Harry snorted. "There's the nightmare that kept fucking everything up year after year."

"Hey, they should thank you. We got out of exams multiple times because of you."

Harry laughed. "Yes, that's the greatest contribution I've given to this world. Less exams."

"That's a glorious thing. Your biography should be Harry Potter: Exam-Saver."

Harry laughed again. Even if he had to force himself to, he still enjoyed the feeling of it. Then Harry looked out the window, admiring the snow over the English countryside. Harry softened in sympathy. "Are you sure you want to go to the Manor?"