CHAPTER 81 - BELLS

By time February 24th, 2000 came, Draco and Harry had found a place to live in the middle of nowhere. It was on a beach, similar to the Shell Cottage, but different enough to where it didn't haunt Harry. It was much bigger than Harry thought it would be, simply because Harry could live in a one-bedroom flat with no issues, but Draco was a drama queen who needed at least three floors, two closets just to himself and multiple random rooms.

"What about when we have kids," Draco argued, and Harry agreed. Draco picked out a lot of the furnishing, though Harry made sure it still felt homey.

They'd traveled across most of Europe, taking too many pictures to count, and made plans the following year to go to Africa and Asia.

More importantly, they'd done a bulk of the work needed to open the Orphanage, leaving legal paperwork and processing being the only thing from keeping them back. Mrs. Jones got in touch with them and they added her as a co-partner.

In their off time, they both went to therapy and continued their treatment; Harry focused most of his energy taking classes on child development so he could be well trained for the first day of their orphanage opening. Meanwhile, Draco studied potions and met a mentor from Germany, to help him begin preparation for his Master's education in it—though he didn't have plans to go back into school for another two years so he and Harry could both open the orphanage and enjoy each other.

They finally got to spend Harry's birthday together, which Harry was nervous that Draco would go overboard, but he didn't. Draco convinced the World's Quidditch Museum to close for the day, letting Harry and him explore it with no one else around. They then went to France and had dinner with the view of the Eiffel Tower and bought more chocolate than Harry could physically pack in an un-charmed suitcase, and of course, had mind-blowing sex.

They spent October 31st at Harry's parent's grave for a bit of the day, and then the evening Trick or Treating with Teddy in a small muggle neighborhood.

Narcissa's trial was in November, as was Lucius's, but Draco and Harry only defended Narcissa, who was set free.

This allowed her to host an insane Christmas Party for all the Weasley's, Harry and Draco, and anyone else who they all loved at Malfoy Manor before it's demolition for the orphanage.

They spent the turn of the century kissing each other and Draco promised Harry yet another "best year of your life" to which Harry said, 'that will be hard to beat."

And Draco countered, "Mmm, our wedding will be pretty damn awesome."

Which led them to the current date, February 24th, 2000.

When there was a knock at Harry's door, he opened it immediately. "Hey you," he whispered. Draco didn't say anything, almost too scared to. "Can't sleep?"

Draco shook his head and swallowed harshly. He wrapped his arms around Harry's neck without a word, and after a deep breath, Harry had his arms around his back.

"You shouldn't be here," he whispered. Draco just shut the door behind him with his foot and he kissed him in the dark, Harry eagerly responding.

"And you shouldn't be kissing me back."

"Point taken," Harry kissed him again. He moved his hands to Draco's lower back and then to his arse. "And we definitely shouldn't be doing that."

Draco laughed. "Most definitely not."

"Sleep with me," Harry whispered, the darkness surrounding them.

"Of course. The fact they expect us to separate when we're already husbands is idiotic."