CHAPTER 77 - THE INTERVIEW

It was insane that they still had classes between everything going on, and for once, they were able to take a breath before starting up their studies again. Adjusting to normalcy was difficult when nothing was normal, and they both longed for the day they could have routine.

Unfortunately, Harry had to go back to treatment, so they spent the night in each other's arms in Draco's dorm until they woke up to Blaise's alarm. As Draco got ready for class, Harry went back to his room to pack for treatment.

"Hermione and I are going down to breakfast," Ron said. "Meet you there?"

"Yeah, sounds good. I'll grab something before I go."

Then, he and Draco met in the hall, and he helped Draco tie his tie as Draco combed Harry's hair—though it did nothing.

Then Harry pulled on his tie to receive a kiss. "Fiancé."

Draco smiled back at him. "Fiancé. I'll miss you."

"Oi, get a room," Neville joked as he snuck behind him to head towards the exit.

Draco sneered, "Tell that to Finnegan and Thomas."

Harry just smiled. He loved his friends knowing. Pumblechook and Astoria, not so much, but what could you do.

Harry turned back to Draco. "I'll miss you, too. But I'll see you tonight. I love you."

"I love you, too."

Harry gave him one last kiss and then Draco left as Harry continued packing his bags. However, when Draco arrived at breakfast, there was an odd tension in the air. The entire hall was chatting louder than usual, and as Draco walked in it went silent.

Draco furrowed his eyebrows but thought nothing of it. He went to his seat at the end of the row as groups of people stood. An immediate eruption of arguing, chatter, hissing, and hatred filled the air, and Draco didn't even notice it as he grabbed toast.

Pansy ran up to him, "Get out of here?"

He looked at her face, which was pale and filled with panic. "What?"

"Draco, you need to leave."

He could tell by the tone of her voice she meant it and he stood, but when he did, he was swarmed by groups of fifth, sixth, and seventh years of all different houses.

"What are you playing at?"

"What are you talking about?" Draco backed away, and one of them threw a paper at him. Draco barely caught it. The headline read: Harry Potter's Shocking Romantic Love Affair with Death Eater Draco Malfoy.

Draco's stomach twisted. Oh no. They didn't want this. Harry didn't want this. Harry couldn't handle this. "You think you can get off Scott-free because you're seducing the Chosen one?" One of the boys shoved him.

"You're sinking that low, trying to manipulate Potter to stay out of Azkaban."

"No," Draco backed away as they pulled out their wands. "That's not what it is—"

"You're not good enough for Potter. How'd you trick him?"

"Oi, stop it," Pansy pushed him away, and Blaise shoved his way through the thickening crowd.

"Get off of him!"

But the students continued. "What are you going to do to him?"

"You've tortured people and you've manipulated the Chosen One?"

"You can't walk all over the Wizarding World, Death Eater."

"Oi, leave him alone," Hermione shouted as she ran over to them and Ron came up and shoved them.