CHAPTER 61 - HOPE

TW: PTSD; anorexia; suicidal ideation

————————————————

When Harry arrived at the Quidditch Pitch the next week, Draco was already there. It made Harry's heart race. He was up on one of the stands, reading a book. That's my soulmate.

You can do this, Harry. You can do this! He did it for you. You can do it for him.

Since the Hospital Wing visit, Harry drank a few bulking potions, but that wasn't to say his eating was getting better, nor was he gaining weight. It was just... keeping him there. In fact, it was almost an even greater mental battle before he drank them and he often forgot to. He preferred forgetting to because then he avoided said mental battle.

Whatever, that didn't matter now as he saw Draco up in the Slytherin Tower.

Harry flew up to see him. Hi, Soulmate! "Ready to fly," he asked.

Draco looked up at him as if he hadn't expected him to come, and then his face changed to one of boredom. "I'm not here to see you."

"I gave you a time and a date," Harry smiled mischievously. "you're here."

He reached into his back pocket and pulled out the snitch. It began to flutter and circle around them.

Then Draco's face turned to one of confusion as he looked at it. "It's been so long since I played... We just catch this, right?"

"Yes," Harry furrowed his eyebrow. "That's how it works. Do you want me to go get your broom?"

"If you can find it. It's probably lost—"

"Accio Draco Malfoy's broomstick."

Several seconds passed, and then, crashing through the locker rooms, his broom flew to Harry and Harry caught it while smiling. Then he tossed it to Draco, who almost let it fall, but grabbed it last minute.

"One match," Draco agreed. He put his book to the side.

Harry beamed, but then looked away to hide it. He could do this. He could do this. Fuck, he loved him so much.

He did his best to not think of the whole, the last day I see Harry Potter is going to be the best day of my life, situation. Maybe Draco just had a bad day or was being stubborn.

Draco mounted his broom and kicked off from it. They looked at each other and then zoomed away, searching for the glimmer of the snitch.

Harry did his best to hide his smile, because this was the most normal he felt in months. Years, really. Playing Quidditch with Draco was something he'd last done when they were fifteen.

The snitch gleamed to their right. Draco and Harry looked at each other. Draco flew first, but Harry smirked. He initiated his plan.

He dove towards it, now neck and neck with Draco. 

Then he jumped off his broom and began to fall. And as he did, he waited to feel Draco's arms around him. But he kept falling. For a split second, he looked back. Draco was still high in the sky, and Harry turned back to the quickly nearing grass.

"Aresto momentum!"

Inches before the grass blades, he stopped falling, and then the spell released, taking him down the last few inches.

The grass had frost on it from the chilled October weather. He shivered and turned onto his back, looking at the sky.

You're supposed to catch me, you fucking moron. That was how his eyes turned colors for the first time.