CHAPTER 22 - THE CHAMBER

January passed quickly, and Draco and Harry enjoyed each other more and more in mid-February, keeping up with their weekly dates, sleeping on the hammock despite winter storms. When Draco remembered an important date, it was a few days into February. He sent Harry a note during breakfast:

You realize our one-year anniversary is in 12 days, right?

Harry hadn't.

He dragged his thumb over Draco's handwriting. Thank God he wasn't chewing on food because he would have choked. He still did on his own spit as his breath hitched.

But then he smiled so hard, he couldn't hide it.

He wrote back:

Didn't you say you thought we'd only last 12 days? What a coincidence.

Also, if you got me a Valentine's Day present, take it back. If I see one more shade of pink, I'm going to jump off of the Astronomy Tower. I hate Valentine's Day with a passion, though I have a strong hunch you do, too. There's supposed to be a blizzard tonight, so no forest. Meet me in the second-floor corridor girls' bathroom at midnight.

And he drew a snitch, because why not?

Draco received his note in the afternoon. He was smart enough to save it until he was in his own room, where he could smile all he wanted.

Agreed, Valentine's Day can be the one to jump off the tower. You're too special. Besides, I'd rather have a nice anniversary. Weird place, but okay. See you soon, Scarface.

Draco drew a matching snitch, and they fluttered around each other on the page as Draco folded it and sent it off for Harry to receive before dinner.

They met when planned, and Draco had a wince on his face at the sight of their usual picnic blanket on the floor with half of a chocolate cake on a plate. "The girls' bathroom. Very hygienic."

"It's abandoned, except for Moaning Myrtle."

"Who?"

"She's a ghost. Voldemort set the basilisk on her when he was a student here. She haunts this place, but I told her I was going to take a bath in the Prefect's bathroom."

Draco took a seat next to him. "Why would you tell her that?"

Harry cringed. "She has a crush on me. Really, she has a crush on everyone."

He blinked. "So you invited her to watch you bathe?"

"I didn't invite her. I just said it, knowing she'd probably follow. I knew it would get her out of here for a few hours."

"So now I have to watch out for Cho Chang and a ghost." He wasn't even jealous that a ghost got to, but more offended that he didn't get to see him naked—wait, what?

"No," Harry crawled over to him, hooked an arm around Draco's neck, and climbed onto Draco's lap. He sat on his thighs, his legs out to the side. "You don't have to worry about either of them. Promise." Harry bumped their noses together. "Because I've had a boyfriend for a year and my boyfriend is you."

Harry bridged the gap between them, and Draco welcomed the kiss, wrapping an arm around Harry's back to hold him. He kissed him back hard, so hard that it forced Harry to fall onto his back.

Draco crawled on top of him and pressed kisses to his lips, cheek, jaw, and neck. However, his hand lingered to the chocolate cake while Harry was distracted beneath him. He grabbed a sticky chunk that was covered in frosting and then sat up. Harry was smiling up at him and didn't see the chocolate in his hand until Draco shoved it in his face. The goop covered his nose and part of his mouth.