𝕤𝕦𝕘𝕒𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕒

=====

Sypnosis: Shouyou and Sugawara just so happened to forget their umbrellas on the day a big rainstorm suddenly hits. To top it off, Shouyou's scared of thunder!

Warning: fluffy, kissing, hugs

-----

"We'll be going on ahead, then!" Daichi said to the first year and third year in the clubroom, motioning for Asahi to follow him out as he opened up his umbrella. "Ah, um, good luck, Suga!" Asahi whispered to him, offering him a thumbs up before racing out with his umbrella.

Daichi also held a thumbs up, a determined, proud expression on his face. With that, the door closed, and Shouyou and Sugawara were left alone. Shouyou had been oddly quiet, standing near the lockers in the corner as he fiddled with his fingers cutely.

Right, this was the perfect opportunity to confess to his cute little kouhai! Holding his friends' hope in his heart, he made his way over to the ginger, bending over and tilting his head to see his face.

"It's okay, the storm will pass in a bit, then we can head home," he stated with a reassuring smile, but Shouyou shook his head, body shivering for reasons unknown to the senpai.

When a strike of thunder hit the ground, Shouyou yelped and reached out to Sugawara instinctively. Eyes wide, he caught Shouyou's small, trembling body, holding him close to his chest and rubbing at his back comfortingly.

He turned toward the window, then looked back down at his kouhai. "Are you..."

"Don't..! Say it... please..." He begged, gripping tighter to the back of Sugawara's sweater. He nodded, and the harder the rumbling outside grew, the harder Shouyou's shaking became, as if it was fueled by it.

Another yelp left his lips when it struck again, the power flickering as his body jolted harshly. "Hey, hey, it's okay. You're safe, you're safe," Sugawara coaxed, holding Shouyou's head close to his chest and rubbing his head comfortingly.

A choked sob left the ginger's lips as more thunder began rumbling. Sugawara only held him closer. Again, a loud 'bang!' reverberated outside, the lights turning off completely.

Shouyou had somehow managed to break out of Sugawara's tight hold, backing up into the lockers and shifting into a corner to curl up in a ball and cry harder. "H-Hinata!" Sugawara unintentionally shouted, closing in on where he heard the ginger crying.

The lightning that lit up the sky allowed him to see for a brief moment, and he took that to his advantage, lifting Shouyou up and into his lap so he could assure that he would jump out of his arms again.

Legs wrapped around his waist told him Shouyou wasn't going anywhere, and he tucked his face further into Shouyou's nape, whispering sweet nothings to him and bouncing him slightly. "I... hate storms..!" He sobbed, clutching tightly to Sugawara and tucking his face into his shoulder.

The rumbling outside continued, and Shouyou only continued to cry harder, his small, defenseless body clinging desperately to Sugawara for protection.

As much as he hated to admit it, he felt validated, strong, and, for the most part, happy that Shouyou could trust him this much.

"I had no idea..." he muttered absently, running a hand through Shouyou's fluffy, soft curls as the storm raged on. "I hate the... dark too..!" He sobbed angrily, sniffling and gripping onto Sugawara tighter.

"It's okay, I'm here for you," whispered Sugawara softly, closing his eyes and basking in the ginger's warmth. Another burst of thunder caused Shouyou to jump again, his shoulder hitting Sugawara's chin and causing him to bite his tongue.

"I'm... I'm sorry, Senpai!" Quickly, the sniffling Shouyou wiped his eyes enough to hold Sugawara's face gently, the lightning giving him enough light to do so. "Ow, ow, ow..."

Seeing Shouyou's concerned face, the senpai couldn't help but smile gently, leaning into one of Shouyou's hands holding his face steady.

"I swear I didn't... mean to..." Brushing his thumb over the taller male's lip, he opened his mouth open, looking for damage. Sugawara noticed that his eyes were swollen from all the crying, and guilt overtook him.

Tenderly taking Shouyou's hands away from his face, he smiled, huffing air through his nose. "I'm fine." He turned to look out the window. "It seems like the storm's dying down..."

Nodding, Shouyou continued staring up at the silver-haired male, sniffling once more. Sugawara could hardly tell from the darkness, only holding Shouyou closer. "You know..." he began, scratching at the back of his head.

He took a moment to assure there was no more thunder before continuing. "I think you're really cute." Glancing down at Shouyou the lights began flickering in the room before turning back on completely, the rain dying down into slight drizzle.

He was surprised to see Shouyou's cheeks burned red, eyes wide as they stared up at him and lips parted. "I- What do you... mean..?" Taking a deep breath, Sugawara nearly jolted when Shouyou's legs tightened around him, asking for an answer.

"I mean... I like you..." When the ginger continued staring at him, he sighed, blushing and looking away. "I love you... I want to be there when you're scared and happy and sad- just..."

His hand trailed up the ginger's arm and to his cheek, where he caressed beneath his tear-swollen eyes with a tender smile. "Wanna be there for you... 'cause I love you more than anyone else..."

When Shouyou's tongue popped out to lick at his lips, Sugawara's eyes followed it, leading up to his pink cheeks and hazel eyes. "I... don't know what to say... Senpai..." With a dry laugh, Sugawara scratched some more at his neck, feeling a bit awkward.

"Yeah, I'm a guy, so it only makes-!" He was cut off by Shouyou gripping at the front of his sweater and lunging forward, connecting their lips eagerly and making the taller male fall back and onto the floor.

Now, it was Sugawara's turn to be shocked, but only briefly as he placed a hand on the back of the ginger's head and tilted his for a deeper, more passionate angle.

When they pulled away, the both of them had a deep blush settling onto their cheeks. "Aha..." Looking away, Sugawara forced himself to sit up again, refusing to make eye contact with the ginger out of sheer shock and embarrassment.

"Sorry," Shouyou muttered, trying to move off of the senpai's, only to be held tighter, a hand on either side of his waist. Bashfully, the ginger wiped the last of his tears and glanced up, his wide, caramel eyes melting into Sugawara's.

With a soft, happy smile, the taller male slowly leaned in, eyes steadily closing shut as he pressed his lips against Shouyou's, much softer and passionately this time. "Mmh..." Shouyou squeezed his eyes closed, kissing back.

"I... wanna protect Sugawara-San, too..." he muttered, and the senpai smiled, pressing his forehead against Shouyou's. "Does that mean you'll accept me?" Inhaling, Shouyou moved the back of his hand to his mouth, looking away and nodding.

Sugawara wanted to shout and cry and jump in sheer joy.

=====