𝕒𝕥𝕤𝕦𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕒

=====

atsuhina feline/canine au

contains!: lots of fluff, kissing, lemon (nothing to serious tho! i could bring myself to write any smut today so sorry abt that!)

this one's gonna be a bit long, guys! requested by raithezozi ! i hope this meets ur expectations! <3 It's not stated right at the start, but Atsumu is a fox!

thanks, and i hope u enjoy reading! <3

=====

Atsumu Miya has a well-known crush. And by well-known, the whole school knows about It, even said crush.

It's not as if he makes a huge effort to hide it, after all.

His crush is an orange Persian half-cat, with hair as fluffy as clouds and bright as the sun, and a tail and ears to match. There's an aura around him that's warm and welcoming, which makes him extremely popular throughout the university.

Eyes of gold, a smile that stops time, and a heart so big everyone around him falls victim to his kindness, and can't help but smile.

It's been a year since they've met, and since Atsumu fell head over heels for this ginger-haired half-cat.

Shouyou Hinata.

Atsumu often recalls when they first met. It was at the entrance party, all the freshmen were invited to join.

He went with his twin, Osamu, and their friends Suna and Kita, but an hour in, Atsumu found himself alone outside, watching everyone dance and laugh and have a good time.

As a half-fox, he finds it harder than most to hold his tongue, and, for that reason, making friends has become hard for him. He simply gave up after a while.

He shut his eyes and tipped his head back, an arm resting on the chipping white wood of the back porch behind the Seijoh frat house. In his hand was a half-empty glass of apple juice, since he was voted to be the driver home because "Kita can't always be so stiff" or something like that.

Still, each day Atsumu looks back on that day, he never once regrets not getting drunk out of his wits and going off to sleep somewhere.

Because he met an angel with orange ears that twitched in the night breeze and a tail that gently swayed as he made eye contact with the fake blond.

"Hiya!" He chirped happily before bumbling over, seemingly without thought because Atsumu was near twice his size, and could obviously overpower the little ginger in a more than unideal situation.

"Haha, I see you're the designated driver for your group, too, huh?"

The little ginger hopped up onto the railing beside Atsumu before taking a sip of what Atsumu assumed to also be apple juice.

"Yeah, haha, then they're gonna go off an' leave me. No doubt gonna make me drag their drunk asses to the car."

Such a heavenly laugh echoed in Atsumu's ears, which perked up in response to it. The ginger's tail brushed against his back, but Atsumu decided not to mention it.

"If it comes down to that, I'll give you a hand! My name's Shouyou Hinata, by the way! I'm a freshman in the Karasuno fraternity!"

Shouyou's so bright in this dim porch light. Atsumu wondered how it was possible for someone to shine as bright as the sun.

"Nice to meetcha. Atsumu Miya, Inarizaki frat."

Atsumu's large hand completely overtook Shouyou's, but the grin on Shouyou's face had yet to fade.