12. Winter

I abruptly broke out of my dream and forgot it as soon as I was shaken awake. The room is still almost completely dark. I shortly register that my name was being repeatedly called out.

"What? What happened?" My voice croaks out in a sudden panic when I lock eyes with Bella's wide ones, her hands shaking my shoulders.

She begins to laugh and moves away. "Nothing. I'm the only one up and I got bored."

I barely manage to huff out a response through my sleepy mouth and pull the blanket over my shoulders as I turn to my side. The sun was barely peeking through the thick curtains telling me that it was still too early in the day to get up.

"Let's keep it that way. Goodnight."

"No." She easily flips me to my back again, sitting up on her knees. "It's almost noon."

My eyes remain closed, letting out a short groan behind closed lips as my response. Guess it wasn't that early.

"There's iced coffee waiting for us."

My eyelids slightly lift, intrigued as I peek at her smile that widens when she knows how to convince me.

"And croissants," she continues, half-humming her words to lure me deeper.

"What kind?"

"Chocolate, of course."

"Prove it." My eyes close again and snuggle against my blanket, holding back a smile when I hear her disapproval.

"No, you have to get up to see."

I sigh, almost slipping into slumber again until she shakes me again. "Go bother Niall."

"I can't. He's not here."

It was only after her response that I look over to find the space beside us was empty.

"Eli's not here either," she adds, "None of the boys or G and Sam."

I frown and blink stiffly at her, confused and growing more alert. "Where did they all go?"

"Golfing and the girls are at the market." She walks over and drags the curtains to the side, letting in the bright light from outside the window. "They all left, like, two hours ago."

The corners of my eyes slightly water as I squint at her. "Is that why it's so quiet out there?"

"Exactly." She chuckles. She sits back down on the edge of the bed and taps my foot. "Our coffee's waiting."

"Oh, thank god," Zoey says, standing at the door and slowly walking in, still in her fuzzy navy blue matching pajama set. "I thought I was tripping when I walked out and saw no one here."

"Join us, Zoe!" Bella pats the space beside her where Eli would usually be. "Help me get Lacey up."

"If I lay down, I'll fall asleep again." Zoey chuckles. "Where is everybody?"

"Boys are golfing and G and Sam are at the market. They said to text them if we need anything."

"I didn't know they had golf plans today," I say mid-yawn, rubbing the sleepiness from my eyes. Eli hadn't mentioned anything to me.

"They didn't tell anyone shit. I only know because Niall knocked over the ironing board when he was getting ready in the morning and woke me the fuck up."

"At least they got us Starbucks," Zoey inputs, "although the name on the order is Eli so I'm assuming it was his idea."

"Breakfast in bed, ladies?" Bella smirks at both of us. "Gigi's comfy king-sized is free."