Hot Holiday (a honeymoon blurb)

* Hi!!! I decided to keep all future blurbs of this story on the same page for our convenience. And fair warning- a lot of smut ahead. Enjoy, I missed these two! 🧡*

⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊𖤓⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊

Aquamarine, pale peach, and blush pink fishing villages quaintly rest in front of high green-covered cliffs and surround the lovebirds' borrowed abode of the week. It was tempting to stay a couple more nights in the seaside town when it was their last full night today and they'd already gotten plenty comfortable by the vibrant coves and neighboring restaurants and shops.

They've stayed by the beach for entire summers at a time (and will live in it for plenty of years to come), you'd think they'd be sick of all the sand sticking to their oily skin and the rush of cold water forcibly crashing into them until they feel it in their noses, but after their time on the Amalfi Coast beaches, they still couldn't get enough. They wished they could stay here for as long as they wanted. They also wished they could experience a hundred more breathtaking sunsets here like they did today on their evening boat ride.

The two-hour tour took them along the coast of Sorrento before the sun sank. They stopped to take it all in and got to enjoy a swim in those magical waves, clinging onto each other in the lovesick bubble that followed them all the way down from the green-hilled alter in Laguna. When the Mediterranean seawater kissed their skin plenty, they dried off and ate roasted eggplant caponata and drank as much wine as their tongues desired (which was a lot). By then, the sky had been painted with dreamy hues of orange and pink melting together like cotton candy. They didn't keep their eyes off of it and off of each other until the sky transitioned into dark blue and quickly into black so all they could see was the warm glow of all the windows and street lamps by the cliffs. This had instantly become a highlight of their honeymoon— of their entire lives. It's a tale they'll excitedly tell their friends and family and share all the pictures and videos they've captured of their time away about as soon as they reunite.

For now, however, they get to keep living it.

⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊𖤓⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊

"Lacey, look!"

My feet pause, one on the step in front of me, the other on the step beneath as I turn my head to find Harry ten steps below me. His gaze is hidden behind the small lens of his film camera. My mouth turns upwards at the sight right before I hear the click from the small device.

"We're never going to make it if you keep taking photos!" I giggle out of breath from climbing the narrow stone staircase leading up to the apartment we've rented for the week.

We calculated it was around eighty. It's why every time we leave this place we make sure we aren't forgetting to bring anything along and why we plan to spend the majority of the day out so we don't have to go back and forth on the stairway. We learned that lesson on the first day here when we went out to the beach and realized we had forgotten the sunscreen when we were nearly there. It was either sacrificing our skin against the sun's rays or our legs against a flight of 80 stairs. We chose the latter.

"Can't help it!" He calls back. The camera strap around his neck slightly swings across his chest as he walks two steps at a time until he reaches me. "That is one beautiful, distracting dress—" He kneels below me, his arms wrapping behind my legs as he grins up at me. "—on one very beautiful girl. The most beautiful in the entire world—"