30. Heatstroke

A small smile spreads across my face before my eyes open. An arm loosely locked over my waist, a hand slipped beneath the hem of Harry's borrowed shirt. Butterflies burst with each languid stroke of his thumb over my stomach. A soft exhale runs down my back as Harry's nose brushes past the collar of the shirt and finds the back of my neck, pressing a lazy kiss to the skin.

I felt like the toasted, mushy marshmallow squished between two sweet graham crackers and melted chocolate this morning. My back is against the curve of Harry's chest, my hands sandwiching his other arm that was propped under my head, and our legs tangled together as though there wasn't any air allowed between our bodies. This quickly became my favorite way of waking up, reminding me of what both of us have been missing out on this past year.

My eyes remained closed as my smile widens, pretending to be asleep through every small touch and kissed gifted to my neck. His lips trail over my shoulder blade making my lids begin to flutter slowly. My chest slightly sank as my breath grows heavier. He brings his hand up, slowly swiping the hair off my neck and continuing his parade of kisses.

His hand comes back down and gently pushes my shirt up, exposing a bit of my stomach to the cold air. His fingers spread across the goosebumps over my waist as his lips grazed my ear.

"I know you're awake," Harry whispers and gives me no time to process it as he begins to unexpectedly tickle me.

My eyes shoot open, my grin spreading even wider. I immediately try to pry him off, moving away from him and toward the edge of the bed as I fight a huge wave of laughter. His arms snake around me and drag me back, one locking me in place while the other crawls over my ribs and continues to torture me with tickles.

"H-Harry!" My voice cracked with a thicker, raspier tone than usual, my cheeks beginning to turn sore from how much I was laughing already within minutes of being awake.

I hear the low rumble of his laugh for a few more seconds before he finally stops but doesn't take his hands off. I turn over and softly exhale when I find the exact green eyes that appeared in my dreams. The light was mostly blocked by the thick curtains in the room but I could still make them out.

"Hi." He grinned with plump lips, tiny crinkles formed beside his slightly puffy eyes. His features were still soft, barely stretched out from the hours of sleep.

"Hi," I say under a final soft sigh, mindlessly dragging my hand to a lock of his hair that fell across his forehead and pushing it over his head, taking the opportunity to caress the rest of the soft matted curls. "Your hair's getting long."

He gently nods. "Been meaning to get a haircut for ages."

"I like it," I whisper as I bring my hand back down between us.

"Yeah?" He moved his head inched over to me until we were sharing a pillow. His hand draws wide circles on my back as he holds me close.

I slowly nod, suddenly losing my ability to speak. He smiles again, his eyes unhurriedly darting along my face. He brings his hand up, his thumb dancing under my bottom lip while his eyes are trained on me.

"How do you feel?"

I hold in a breath as his thumb brushes over the center of my lip and presses lightly. My eyes zero on his pair of lips, sucked in by the pink plush hills with the sudden desire to climb all over them.

How do I feel? Like blood is singing in my veins. Like four blue cartoon birds are circling my head at all times. Like my skin is made out of electric currents. Like I can finally breathe again.

A smile graces his features. His fingers curl under my jaw and gently tilt my head. His toes wiggle against my ankles and his eyebrows arch at me as if they're saying, "My eyes are up here."