Every perfect summer's gotta say goodnight...

Hi friends!!! <3

Sooo. I have important info about future updates for this story AND new ones!!! Stick around and I'll throw in a fun new SNEAK PEEK about one of them <3

But first,

I have lived and breathed this story since the very beginning drafts and concept of it for years. As much as I would have loved writing the summers of these fictional friends until they are withered and old because it's so much fun, it's time to let them and their story live in the sunshine and say goodbye.. (for now... More on that later)

I want to extend my endless gratitude to you, the reader. Whether you've been here since the beginning or perhaps you've just started last week (if that's the case, wow, you're fucking fast to reach this point already), thank you for being here. Thank you for sticking with this story. Thank you for patiently waiting for updates, which sometimes came weeks or months at a time because I was dealing with daily life shit (as an avid reader, I know the pain of waiting for updates all too well and I'm sorry I put you through it). And finally, thank you because if it wasn't for you, this story wouldn't exist in its full glory.

I was hesitant to publish this because I thought no one would care. Since it began as merely scraps of chapters and concepts, I didn't think I could do it. But the outpouring love I've received from you makes me so happy I published it when I did. Thank you for caring and for the reads, the votes, and especially the comments and reactions. You guys really know how to make a girl shy and giggle nonstop in her bed just reading them all!!

This has always been first and foremost a story about friendship— the ups and downs, the complexities within one no matter how old or how long it has existed, and how it changes as you do. It's a subject I've always been very fascinated by since I sort of lack in that department. Nonetheless, I hope you found a friend in this story. I sure did :)

Fun fact - The very first chapter of the first book (0. Close To You) was just a concept I had written a while back for fun. It was inspired by this picture of Harry below. I knew I wanted that to be the first chapter of any story I would ever write so I worked That Summer Feeling around it once Fine Line came out :)

 I knew I wanted that to be the first chapter of any story I would ever write so I worked That Summer Feeling around it once Fine Line came out :)

Thank you again. I'll miss writing about summer and friendship and everything in between of this particular universe. This story and the characters, you guys, and this time of my life will stick with me forever. All I wanted since the beginning of writing this was a book that allows you to escape into sunshine and fun times and to bring comfort to growing pains and the yearn for friendship and love and everything in between. I hope they've provided you sun on days where it was needed. 💛

AS FOR A FOLLOW-UP ON THIS STORY/IS THIS THE OFFICIAL END?

Short answer: No...technically :)