[11]

"billie, calm down!"

billie did not calm down.

"i swear to fucking god i'll kill you, fucking hag." billie gritted through her teeth.

"you won't do it, i'm your mother." maggie breathed out. she felt threatened by her daughter, but she didn't show it.

"who won't do it?" billie asked before pinning her mother to the wall by her neck, choking her before punching her straight in the face.

maggie's nose began to bleed. she was too old and fragile for this.

billie punched her again, this time in her stomach as billie began to cry.

"you're the only woman i ever loved." billie cried, squeezing harder on her mothers neck as she began to turn blue.

"i love you too, that's why i did it!" maggie pleaded, tears beginning to roll from her eyes. she couldn't tell if the tears were from her broken nose or her crying.. or both.

"if you loved me you would have left me alone! i'm a fucking adult." billie sobbed, slamming maggie's head against the wall before punching her in the face one more time.

maggie fell unconscious and billie just let go of her, disgusted by the blood on her hands.

"billie!" billie heard finneas yell. "WHAT THE FUCK? MOM?"

he rushed over to his unconscious mother before looking at his sister who was responsible for this. "you disgust me." he spat. he then began mumbling encouraging words to maggie, hoping for her to wake up.

kiara then walked into the room, on her phone. she then looked up, looking at maggie on the floor before looking at billie.

"oh no." she said unenthusiastically before hopping up on the counter, swinging her legs.

"get the FUCK out of this house, billie. your little friend, too. don't you EVER come back here again, is that clear?" patrick screamed. patrick doesn't scream.

billie walked out the door, head held high as she did so. little did she know, how much trouble she had gotten herself into.

***

billie and kiara were making out on billie's couch in her apartment, when they heard a loud knock on the door.

billie huffed, standing up to get the door as she combed her fingers through her blue hair. once she opened it, she wished she hadn't.

"billie o'connell?" the guard asked and billie hesitantly nodded. "billie o'connell, you are under arrest. i am arresting you on suspicion of aggravated assault, drug possession and possession of firearms. you do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. anything you do say may be given in evidence." the officer explained before handcuffing billie.

"my family are such snitches." billie murmured to herself.

she just looked at a very alarmed looking kiara and shrugged. "i'll be fine."

"you'll be fine, but you'll be in jail for a very long time." the officer chuckled.

i woke up to the sound of something falling and i opened my eyes to see kiara in the corner of her room. "my bad, i was trynna be quiet." she giggled.

"i just had a dream about.. why i got arrested." i mumbled emotionlessly.

"yeah?"

"yeah. that was my last ever memory of my mom, you know. her laying on the ground, unconscious because of my actions."

kiara stayed quiet for a couple of seconds. "how did she die?"

"she had a stroke just a couple of weeks after the whole fight thing. she didn't survive.. obviously." i sighed.

"oh."

"yeah. anyways, jordan tried to hook up with me." i replied, changing the subject.

i didn't know why i kept thinking about my mom recently, it's not like i killed her, i have nothing to feel bad for.