[43]

kiara's pov:
i expected to feel guilty for killing someone. instead of guilt, though, i was just feeling... gross. i don't know, i didn't feel like i was gross, but the thought of me killing someone and remembering how his lifeless body looked... yeah, no.

i didn't feel anxious or anything, but maybe it's because billie and i took a xanax each. we got rid of all evidence, taking them with us when we left so that we could burn them. our footsteps, however, we made sure to cover them with fresh dirt before driving away.

billie's really good at this. too good at it. like now, we were a half mile away from the city, in some random barn and billie was lighting the whole stolen car on fire.

i watched from twenty feet away as she set the bag of evidence on fire, shoving it under one of the car seats. billie stepped back to where i was, watching as the passenger seat of the car ignited. "we won't get caught, but you are going to have to find your own way home now." she said, looking at me for approval. i furrowed my eyebrows.

"why?"

"because, if we are suspects, which we may be, the police will ask if we were together today. if we get spotted together, then we'll have to admit that we were together. so, if we split from here and someone sees one of us, they can confirm that whichever one of us was on our own." she explained and i sighed before nodding.

"okay, well..." i trailed off as i watched the car set on fire. "we should probably leave now before the car explodes." i said.

billie giggled, grabbing my hand before running out of the barn and towards the street. when we got to the side of the street, she stopped and turned to me, grabbing my face and pulling me in for a kiss. i happily reciprocated before billie pulled back.

"meet me at the apartment." she instructed.

"bet. you got the keys?" i asked and she hit her lip, nodding.

"i'll see you soon." she said, walking away but still facing me. she blew me a kiss before turning around and walking away. i huffed, turning to walk in the other direction.

we weren't that far from the apartment, seeing that we lived on the outskirts of the city and we were just thirty minutes from the city. so when we walked our separate ways home, we were there in no time.

once i got to the apartment, the door was unlocked and it seemed empty. "bil?" i called out. i had a slight feeling that someone had broken in.

"i'm in the bedroom." she replied. i sighed in relief, closing the door and walking into the bedroom when i got in, i saw that billie had a wad of cash in her hand. i furrowed my eyebrows, pointing to it. "don't worry about it. come on, we're going to the hair salon and i'm getting my hair dyed back to blue." she said.

"oh, damn." i chuckled. "you're a mom with blue hair.. that's like, so lesbian white mom. only thing you're missing is the side of your head being shaved" i teased and she rolled her eyes playfully.

"but i'm gonna look good, aren't i? yeah, exactly. now shut up." billie said and i held up my hands in defense. "i'm not even a lesbian." she muttered.

"at least you're a milf."

"that i am." she grinned.

i laughed quietly, fixing my hair in the mirror. billie watched. "you wanna get your hair done? i'll pay." she suggested and i shook my head.

"i literally got it pressed yesterday, why don't you pay for my nails or some shit?" i joked.

"how much are nails?" she asked and i shrugged.

jailbird | b.e.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें