[36]

kiara's pov:
"-so now she's over at finneas' house, writing songs." i explained.

i was currently at home with amber, we hadn't seen each other in a while. billie left scout here and took jordyn to finneas' house. when she has just one baby, she'll actually take care of it. it's when she's taking care of both of them that she adapts the 'i don't give a fuck about these babies' attitude.

"and she left you with her baby on your off day?" amber questioned and i shrugged, nodding.

"it's whatever, she's a cutie."

"she won't be a cutie in twenty years when she and her equally insane twin tag team and kill everybody." amber remarked and i sighed.

"billie's mental condition isn't genetic. nobody else in her family is like her. and she's not 'insane', she's just not... sane."

"girl? do you know what the 'in' part of insane means? it means NOT. her and her babies are dangerous."

"leave it, amber!" i said sternly, growing frustrated. "billie's mental state does not put me in any danger and i am fine with it! that is my girlfriend and we have been back together for almost a year. am i dead? no. i'm not. her mental state is also not up for discussion, so leave it."

"i'm just saying she's mentally ill." she muttered.

"you know what, amber? i'm fucking sick of your ass always talking shit about my girlfriend whenever we meet up. you're supposed to be my fucking best friend! i've told you hundreds of times that I'M safe with billie, and i love her. it's none of your business. we're happy together." i ranted and she just stared at me.

"you really love her?"

"i mean, yeah?! we've been together for nearly a year, amber. we've also dated in the past. of course i love her. i love her flaws, too."

amber sighed, standing up. "i need some time. i'm gonna go."

"yeah, go. and if you're not gonna respect that i'm with billie, stay out." i muttered.

amber grabbed her things and left the apartment, not saying a word. she did slightly slam the door, though, and she startled scott.

scout looked up at me through her big, brown eyes. "your mama really has me cutting people off." i mumbled to her and she just grabbed my finger. i smiled softly before sighing. "should we go see her? you wanna go see your mommy?" i asked before pausing. i'm really talking to a baby.

i laid scout down on my lap and went to my phone, ordering an uber. i put a couple of diapers, new clothes, socks, and a pacifier into a little bag. i didn't need to bring a bottle because billie can feed her.

i didn't have a car seat, so i would have to hold her in the car. it's whatever, it's not like we're gonna crash or anything.

when the uber arrived, i quickly gathered all my stuff together and left my apartment. i got into the uber and threw all my stuff into the back seat, moving them over so i could sit there too. i'm not sitting up front with a scary ass white man!

the uber driver began to drive and i pulled out my phone, shooting billie and finneas a quick text saying that i was coming over. i then put my phone down and focused on scout. she was still awake, so i pulled funny faces to keep her entertained.

i got an instagram notification that billie has posted and opened it. billie had posted.

billieeilish