[25]

kiara's pov:
i told billie all about how i'm trying to get her to have a relationship with her family again and she wasn't opposed. for right now, though, we were sitting in the hospital waiting room waiting for billie's appointment.

"i have a-" *cough* "deal after this so you kinda have to come. i won't have time to drop you home." billie whispered and i hesitantly nodded.

the waiting room didn't have many people. there was another slightly older woman sitting directly across from us. i looked at her bump, it was around the same size as billie's. she smiled once she noticed me staring.

"first baby?" she asked and i nodded. i don't like talking to new people.

she turned to billie. "you must be fit to pop, look at the size of you! how many weeks are you?"

both mine and billie's eyebrows furrowed. "uh.. i'm sixteen weeks, this is my first scan." she said, her eyebrows still furrowed.

"sixteen!?" she whisper yelled.

"uh.. yeah?" billie replied, almost questioning herself.

"i'm thirty six weeks. your bump is basically the same size as mine! now, this is my sixth baby so i'm carrying small but i can tell you you're having twins. there's at least two babies in there."

me and billie looked at each other before looking back at the woman. "for real?"

"mhm. bless you."

"shit." billie whispered. i grabbed her hand in mine and gave her a concerned look. i was concerned. i am concerned.

billie can't even take care of herself, never mind not one but two babies. what the fuck. now that i think about it.. her bump is really big..

a doctor came out and called a random name and the lady who we had been talking to stood up. as she walked towards the doctor, she said a quick "good luck. and congratulations!" and just like that, she was gone.

the next couple of minutes were silent.. tense. "billie o'connell?" someone called out and both me and billie's heads snapped up. the doctor was standing in the doorway.

we both got up and followed the doctor into a room. billie sat on the bed that was in there. she sat on her hands and swung her legs like a little kid. i chuckled at that as i sat down.

the doctor did something on her computer for a minute before looking up at billie. "so, billie! i'm doctor adams. i heard you're sixteen weeks. that's very late for a first scan." the doctor said and billie pressed her lips into a line, nodding.

"i was.. busy for the past month so i couldn't, really." she mumbled.

"right. you're carrying very big, aren't you?" doctor adams asked. billie sighed before nodding. "well, if you wanna lie back on the bed and lift up your shirt, i'm going to put some gel on your belly for the ultrasound, okay?"

billie once again nodded and sat back on the bed, pulling up her shirt. "okay, i'm putting the gel on now."

billie flinched as dr. adams poured the gel before raising her eyebrows. "i expected that to be cold." she said.

the doctor then rubbed the gel in. "yeah, a lot of people do. jeez, you're carrying very big." she muttered before taking her gloves off and throwing them in the bin. she then went back to the computer and did some more doctory things before coming back over and sitting beside billie, the opposite side to me.

"i'm gonna scan your stomach with this-" she held up a grey object. "-and it'll show on that screen over there." she pointed. billie shakily sighed and nodded.