Heartbroken

<Third Person POV>

After Alya left, Pollen came out of her hiding and said, "Marinette, you seem really close to Chat Noir." "It's true Pollen. I am in love with him." Marinette replied. "Well sorry to say but." "But what Pollen?" Marinette asked. "He will never be yours." Pollen said in a sad voice looking sad for her chosen. "WHAT? WHY?" Marinette was shocked as she yelled. "Is it because I am a baker's daughter?" she asked tears flowing down her eyes. "No, it's not beca-" "Oh I get it, he's the protector of Paris and I am just a normal girl with normal life." She was heartbroken and didn't want to talk to anyone. "Marine-" before Pollen could continue, Marinette took her miraculous from her hair and put it in the same box in which she had received which resulted in Pollen's disappearance and started crying. Her heart was shattered into million pieces and she wanted to be alone and cry her heart's out. She truly loved Chat Noir and hearing that he will never be hers felt like a stab in her heart. Soon, her eyes were turned red and soggy yet she didn't stop. She felt as if she had held on to these since ages, so she let them fall.

<Meanwhile>

"A heartbroken girl who found out she can't be with her loved one. A perfect prey for my akuma." Hawkmoth said in his usual cold, deep and hoarse voice while evilizing a butterfly. When it was done, he released it and said, "Fly away my little Akuma and evilize her."

<Marinette POV>

I was lying in my bed crying holding my Chat Noir doll when I heard a flutter of wings. I instantly knew who it belonged to, an Akuma. I was terrified of getting Akumafied and ran for my life. I tried my hardest to run, but I wasn't the athletic type so the Akuma caught up to me and melted in my Chat Noir doll. 

I heard a voice in my head say, "Lady Misfortune, I am Hawkmoth I grant you the power to crush someone physically and emotionally. All I need in return are the Ladybug and Chat Noir miraculous." I felt the power presented to me which was so satisfying and tempting but I resisted. I fought for control over my body, but in the end, I felt darkness take over me and I pass out.

<Adrien POV>

"Marinette said she will be here in about an hour. It's been one and a half hour since then. She hasn't even answered her phone. I am worried for her." Alya frowned. "Maybe she fell asleep and put her mobile on mute?" Nino said. "We should check up on her." I suggested. "My future brother-in-law, can't you wait for a minute?" Alya teased me. I felt my cheeks heat up as I blushed at what she said and my face was as red as a tomato. "Ma-Ma-Mari...ne uh tte has uh I mean a t-toy.... I mean boy...friend" I stuttered. "You two are totally meant for each other dude. She was stuttering like that today too in the basketball court. Too bad she has Chat Noir but we can always hope." Nino said in his usual supportive tone. "You two should go get an ice cream from André. It's the perfect place for couples like you two." I said looking at Nino and Alya.

"Did you hear that noise?" Alya enquired. "It sounds like it's coming from the Eiffel Tower Alya." Nino said. "You two go I have to call umm.......my father, yes my father for something." I lied. "Just be quick dude." Nino said. "Yeah." I replied. I saw them both running towards the Eiffel Tower. I quickly found a dark and deserted alleyway to transform.

"Kid, this is the second time this day not counting your visits to your 'Purr-incess'. You better give me an entire wheel worth of Camembert for this." Plagg whined. "Fine Plagg, but we have a city to save first. Now, PLAGG! CLAWS OUT" I yelled and transformed into Chat Noir and made my way towards Eiffel Tower.

When I reached the Eiffel Tower, I couldn't believe my eyes. I shut my eyes for a minute and opened them yet still it was the same. I thought it was a dream and slapped myself thinking it might wake me up. But instead, I felt pain. Whatever was happening, it was real. I felt my heart shatter into million pieces as if somebody had stabbed it with a knife and felt as if my desire to live was over. I felt hatred towards the man behind Hawkmoth. My fists were clenched so hard, you could see my veins from outside the skin tight black leather gloves. I felt as if Hawkmoth was near, I would kill him because of what he did.

The love of my life, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, the girl who gave a smile in the toughest situations, the girl who was mentally stronger than the entire Paris combined was akumatised and was the cause of all the destruction and chaos.