The Aftermath

<Third Person POV>

"What? WHAT?" Chat noir whisper shouted as Marinette's parents were still home working in their bakery. "There's a slight possibility though." Pollen said trembling. "What is it? I'll do anything in my power to make sure Mari is mine." Chat said. "If, the current ladybug willingly gives up her miraculous to someone who has her birthday within six months of the Ladybug's birth and both are the same age and gender, he or she who's the receiver will be giver's generation of Ladybug." Pollen said.

"That's easy but there's a slight problem. Chloé will never give her her miraculous." Chat said. "Chat, we will figure this out later. Right now, you and I both need rest. For now, your friendship is all I am grateful for." Marinette said with a smile. "You are right. Have fun with your kwami. Good bye purr-incess." Chat said as he jumped out of the window.

<The Next Morning>

Marinette was sleeping soundly when Pollen woke her up. "Pollen, why did you do that?" she whined. "Sorry, but you said to wake you up today early as you didn't want to be late to school as usual." Pollen replied with a smile. "Fine, I am awake now hide in my purse. It's the safest way I can take you to school without someone noticing." Marinette said.

They reached Marinette's school half an hour later and they noticed whispers were following her as she passed.

<Marinette POV>

That's strange. Why are people looking at me like that and whenever I am turning their way, they turn away. Is it because of me being akumatised yesterday? Surely not, more than half of our school has been akumatised already but, they never treated anyone like that. Why me? I quickly spotted Adrien at the entrance waiting for Nino. I quickly made my way towards him and said, "Good morning, Adrien. Nice weather, isn't it?" He turned towards me and said, "Good morning, Pr-I mean Marinette."

"Do you have any idea on wh-" before I could continue, I saw a large group of reporters came to me and started asking questions.

"Is it true you are dating Chat Noir?"

"Is it true he calls you, his Princess?"

"Do you know who's the man behind the mask?"

I was drowned in questions after questions from the reporters. I answered one and they kept asking more. In the end I tried to walk away but I couldn't.

<Third Person POV>

Chat noir swooped in and took her into her school. He without saying something, left her and made his way to an empty classroom sneakily to detransform. Adrien left the room and went to Marinette asking, "Marinette, are you fine? What happened?"

"I am fine." Marinette sighed. "You don't look fine." Adrien replied. "It's just that the more I try to forget Chat, the harder it becomes. I've spent so much time and made so many memories with him that it's kind of impossible to forget him." Marinette groaned. Hearing it, Adrien felt kind of confused. He didn't know whether to be happy that Marinette truly loved him or be frustrated that he was the reason she was in this mess.

Without thinking anything, Adrien hugged Marinette to comfort her and to his shock, she hugged him back. Marinette felt relief wash over her yet she felt as if she had embraced him before. Which she had never done in her year of knowing him and stared at his eyes. "Something feels oddly familiar. I just can't get over what it is in my head. He kind of reminds me of Chat Noir. Oh, wait I started thinking about him. Great!" Marinette thought.

"Oh Adrikins." Chloe yelled, giving the two a huge shock.

"What are you doing with that ridiculous, utterly ridiculous Dupain-Cheng?" Chloe groaned. "It's nothing what you think it is Chloé. He was just comforting me." Marinette replied. "Oh please. You figured out Chat Noir was probably lower than your standards. So, you are trying to get Adrien. Too bad he's mine and he is out of your league." Chloé said with a nasty grin.