Confronting The Akuma

<Alya POV>

"Marinette this is NOT you. Please try to fight it. I know you will never want to harm anyone. So, please stop this." Me and Nino heard Chat Noir say with tears falling from his green eyes. I couldn't believe what he was saying. Marinette Dupain-Cheng, a girl who smiled even the toughest of situations. The girl who even helped Chat Noir and Chloé in their mission against Evillustrator and countless other dangerous missions against Hawkmoth was Akumatized.

"Wh-what? MARINETTE IS AKUMATISED!!! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE. SHE'S MENTALLY STRONGER THAN EVERY LIVING PERSON IN PARIS COMBINED." I cried. Seeing me cry, Nino embraced me and said, "Don't worry. Chat Noir will find a way."

"It better be. Or I'll never forget how Adrien lost his Ms. Aggreste or his Ms. Noir."

"Shh!!!! Be quite. We don't want people or Adrien to know that we know who Chat Noir is behind that mask."

"Honestly, have you ever thought what's her name going to be after their marriage? Marinette Aggreste or Marinette Noir." I asked Nino who gave me a chuckle in return. "To be honest, I think that Marinette Noir sounds kind of dumb yet it's kind of cute." He replied and we both laughed. "How much of a dork Marinette can be? Like all the times Adrien vanished when there was an akuma attack and Chat Noir's arrival and departure and Adrien is like I was hiding the entire time. And how much he resembles Chat Noir." I said.

"Well, if it wasn't for the lie, he did today, we never would've found out. We just took a guess on whether he is or whether he is not and that lie confirms it. So, it makes us dorks too." Nino replied.

"Actually, look at this picture I edited a couple days ago to see who Chat really is. From all we knew was he studied in OUR CLASS." I said will trying to find the picture. "Here it is. See how much he resembles Chat in this photo." I said raising my phone to show my boyfriend the photo.

"Whoa! Remind me again, how come you still don't have a job as a reporter?"

"We are still 15."

<Chat Noir POV>

"MARINETTE DUPAIN-CHENG, WILL YOU LISTEN TO ME?" I yelled trying my hardest not to hit her or get hit from her. "The clumsy girl is no more; I am Lady Misfortune. I am going to break every couples heart, just like you did to me." She replied.

I was puzzled from her response. I avoided her next attack but she still managed to land a solid hit on me as I was not paying enough attention. She quickly got hold of me as I was busy, processing what she had said. She held one of my arms bent on my back and had one in her hand facing towards the sky as I groaned in the pain caused in the process.

 She held one of my arms bent on my back and had one in her hand facing towards the sky as I groaned in the pain caused in the process

"What are you talking about? I never broke your heart. I love you and I can sacrifice my life for you." I stated and for a second, I thought I saw her dull, lifeless eyes become blue as she let go of me. "There's no need to sacrifice your life. Just hand me your miraculous." She said while shaking her head so that her eyes were lifeless again. I knew what I had to do.

I dropped my staff and said, "Marinette, ever since the first time I saw you, I fell in love with the clumsy yet silly and cute girl." And I took a step forward towards her. She took a step backwards and said, "That's not true." "It is. I loved how you come out of all situations smiling and laughing no matter how tough it was." I stated. "Your ocean blue eyes in which someone staring can drown for a couple of seconds and it might be satisfied. And your midnight blue dark hair just adds to your already angelic looks. When someone says you look pretty, they are just talking about your outer beauty. But they never know you are prettier in the inside as well." "Chat?" she asked as her eyes were slowly turning into the ocean blue she had. "Yes, please now stop this." I replied taking a step forward as I saw she was doing the same until I saw a dark purple butterfly outline on her face, indicating Hawkmoth was communicating with her.

"Princess, don't listen to him. You are stronger than that. Fight him with all your might." I yelled. "I know what I have to do Hawkmoth." She said and before I could react, she came running towards me and kissed me. At first, I was confused but when I processed everything, I cupped her face with my hands and kissed her back. As I kissed her, I hear the crowd below us watching, gasp and cheer for us.

When we parted for breath, I saw her eyes were blue again and she was back to been Marinette. I noticed her face was full of anger and she looked like as if she was on the verge of having a breakdown. I made sure she landed safely in the ground then looked out for the akuma. I quickly saw the akuma trying to escape, but since Chloe was nowhere to be seen, I took matters on my own hand.

"CATACLYSM!" I yelled and pounced on the akuma and disintegrated it. Marinette had collapsed and was circled by reporters. I quickly made my way into the crowd and pick her up in bridal style. I jumped my way, making sure she was alright and landed in her balcony. I opened the trapdoor and laid Marinette in her bed. "Pollen?" I yelled trying to find the kwami. 

I noticed that Marinette wasn't wearing her miraculous. I quickly found the miraculous box and opened it and put the comb in her hair, which resulted in Pollen's reappearance. "Sorry Chat Noir. It's all bec-" before she could continue, we heard a voice coming up her stairs. Pollen quickly hide herself and I jumped from the window.

<Third Person POV>

"Girl, are you ok? We were worried for you." Alya asked still tears falling from her eyes but this time she had embraced Marinette. "I am fine Alya I just need some rest after what happened. Also, I completely forgot, I am sorry for ruining your day. We couldn't go out today just because of me." Marinette replied. "No problem Dudette, we just came here to make sure you are ok. Chat Noir was worried when he saw the person who got Akumatized was you. He's really head over heels for you." Nino said. "Besides, why or most importantly, how were you Akumatized?" Alya asked.

Remembering what Pollen had said her, she started crying and said to leave her alone. They left without questioning anything because they thought it was a sensitive matter to her. After they had left, Pollen slowly made her way towards Marinette and said, "Marinette, you have to listen to me as to why Chat can't be your partner for life."

"Maybe we all want to know as to what happened." came Chat Noir's voice as he slowly made his way into the room through the window.

<Marinette POV>

"So, that's how I ended up getting Akumatized." I explained Chat noir who after explaining, embraced me and said, "I'll give up my miraculous to be with you M'Queen." "Well, will you two listen to me?" Pollen asked. We both turned our attention to the little kwami who started, "Well, I can't explain you fully but I'll try my best. You see, Ladybug's Kwami, Tikki and Chat Noir's Kwami, Plagg and basically halves of each other. Meaning if one dies the other dies, if the one gets a fever, the other as well, and etc." Pollen said.

"So, how does it matter in relation that I'll not be with Marinette but with someone else?" Chat asked. "Let her speak." I hissed at Chat. "It matters as it's because of that reason. So, as I was saying, Plagg and Tikki are halves of each other. So, because of that." Pollen gulped before saying. "A Ladybug only can be the soulmate of a Chat Noir fate ever since they got their miraculous, that." Pollen resisted for a minute then said, "Chat Noir will marry Ladybug." She sighed.

That went better in my head. It's just plot build-up at this point. I never thought this book will get over 10reads so thank you.