028 Alpha Tendencies

Twenty Eight, Alpha Tendencies

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"ALL GOOD?" liam pulled at the chains, they didn't break. "all good." derek nodded towards the boy, "i brought something to help you. this has been with my family for centuries." luna's eyes flickered away from the window to the two wolves, derek holding the triskle. "it's a very powerful, supernatural talisman. we use it to teach beta's how to control themselves on a full moon. i learned from it, scott learned from it, and so did luna."

the girl hummed, finger nails tapping at her knees. "not entirely." derek huffed, luna sending a beaming smile. "it's, um, very powerful though .. very, eh, helpful, yes!" derek glared at the girl as she shrugged with a frown.

the drive was weird, luna sat next to stiles & she felt like she almost didn't deserve too. his gaze burning into the side of her face, "are we going to talk or..?" luna bit her lip gently, "i don't think here is the best place .. plus, what's to talk about."

stiles huffed, "you were almost set on fire .. i think that's something we should talk about — and everything that happened after that?" luna sighed, gaze finally moving to the boy, "it can wait till we get home, in private.." stiles frowned, "it's never gonna happen then."

"excuse me?"
"luna, i don't know if you've notice but the world seems to be against us. we never get the chance to breath around each other anymore."

"stiles, we aren't sophomores anymore. things are different."
"well, it's sucking."

luna's mouth snapped open but nothing came out, her lips falling smack into a straight line. the raven haired boy next to her seem to deflate, a frown painted on his lips.

though, the boy seem to jump as liam pulled on his cuffs. luna & derek sending each other a worried look. liam's eyes shined yellow, "whatever you need to teach me .. i think you better start." the boys breathing was heavy.

"you gotta be shitting me."

it didn't take long for liam to start freaking & wolfing out, luna & derek jumping into action to hold the boy back .. luna pushing back stiles with the edge of her foot. "l-luna!" the girl took a deep breath, "i know! i know!"

"liam listen, we have a mantra that we use. you repeat it, you focus on the words. it's like meditating. you say the words until you feel in control."

"o-okay, okay! what are the words!"

"okay, look at the triskelion. see the symbol? i have it tattooed on my back, it's the same thing. each spiral, it means something."

"alpha, beat, omega."

"it represents the idea that we can always rise to one and fall back to another."

"derek, t-this is a really cute speech and all! but hurry it up please, i see fangs now!" the older man sighed at luna's words, pushing back liam more. "beta's can become alpha's."