043 Painkillers Of Memory Land

Forty Three, Painkillers Of Memory Land

heavily based on augusta & painkillers by gracie abrams  ( lyrics included )

    Traveling behind Allison & Lydia made her feel like a lost puppy, which she definitely was not. She was Luna Willow Sage, as confident as confident got. With Psychology books pressed to her eye daring chest, her blue yes scanned the school's premise. Her slow steps coming to a full stop, Lydia & Allison didn't even notice — to busy talking about Scott and Allison's more recent break up. Allison was back, after being gone the whole summer in France. And Luna couldn't describe how much she missed her. Things had been weird after the whole Kanima situation — especially with Luna and Stiles. And part of her still couldn't help and despise him, it was just in her nature too.

   But watching him sit alone under a tree near the field made her feel kind of sick. And before she could process the situation, she was walking over — her feet having a mind of their own. It was only when she reached closer to the tree she could see, and slightly feel, how sad & distressed Stiles was. "Hi."

   The boy froze for a second, gaze slowly moving to the girl — and she watched his shoulders visibly relax. "Luna, hey.." The girl smiled gently, slightly awkward. "Can I sit..?" Her words were soft, like silk. And sweet, like honey. She was addictive. Stiles quickly nodded, scooting over. The girl sat down, gently placing her books next to herself. Her legs were brought up to her chest, her arm brushing Stiles' — he sucked in a breath. She pretended not to notice. "What's, um, up?" The boy asked soft and confused.

   Luna turned towards the boy, her head resting on her jean covered knees. "I just wanted to see if you were okay.." The boy raised a brow, "why wouldn't I be okay—" Luna smiled softly, "because not everyone is okay all the time .. plus, you were sitting alone under a tree in a vacant field. Was giving off loser to me, so..." The boy scoffed with a warm laugh, Luna beaming at the heavenly sound. "Aren't you the sweetest." The girl smiled even wider at his sarcasm, "seriously though, are you okay?"

   The boys eyes moved from the girl, landing back on the empty Lacrosse field before him. "Feel like when I'm older .. I might just go to Boston or DC.." The girl seem to settle into her spot officially now, slightly surprised by him letting her in. She knew Stiles didn't trust easily. "Might change my number and bury my wallet. California makes me exhausted." Luna couldn't help and realize no one really checked in on the human boy.

   And suddenly she made it her mission to, and fuck, would it be one of the best things she's ever done.

   "I—I heard this poem about mid-October. How the leaves in the Fall feel like closure, slowly falling to the ground. Finding harmony with the pavements." Luna smiled gently, Stiles looked over at the girl and his heart nearly slammed out of his chest. He'd never seen anyone look at him like this before, with so much admiration. So much care. So much love.