048 Her Screams

Forty Eight, Her Screams

To say Malia gone a bit MIA was an understatement. She wasn't even showing up to school . . . Luna sighed, dark long waves flowing gently behind her back. She felt slightly normal, under the spotlight of countless students as they stared at her in awe. Kira noticed this, she wondered, if eyes had been on Luna since the second she was born into this world. But she didn't ask or mention it, she just figured yes.

  'By order of the Sheriff, a countywide curfew goes into effect tonight at sundown. All after-school activities are canceled until further notice. Students should go directly home at the end of the school day.'

  Luna & Kia seem to sigh in unison, as they reached their lockers. Luna popping hers open, "another day, another canceled Lacrosse practice." Kira smiled gently, looking around — This felt odd. They had went from four to two, were they crumbling? "Do you ever think Lyds is gonna get out?"

  In this moment, they were just teenage girls worried about other teenage girls.

   "I, um, don't know .. But if anything, we'll save her. We have to, y'know? She's one of us." As the soft words left Luna's strawberry candy lips, two Deputies walked by with shotguns. "I hate this. I'm like terrified to turn a corner alone!" Luna nodded in agreement at Kira's words, "no, yeah, I get it."

  "You've heard from Mal?"
     "Nothing from the last time I saw her..."

   Luna's words faded out, gaze snapping away from Kira to the end of the hall. Kira raising a brow as she followed Luna's gaze. Their sets of eyes landing on Stiles, Scott, & a Deputy. 'You don't think this is a bit much in terms of firepower for a high school?'

   The Deputy then spoke with a shrug, 'your Dad's the one that issues us these things, and he wouldn't officially say why.'

   'Did he say anything unofficially?'

  'Nah. But everyone's got a theory, y'know.'

   '. . And yours would be?'

    The Deputy took a deep breath, leaning closer to the boys a bit more with a hushed voice. 'Do you guys believe in the Supernatural?'

  Luna all but jumped at the words, slamming her locker shut & almost catching her hair into the metal. Kira jumped as well, eyes wide. "W-What?" Luna took a deep shaky breath, "this is all going to blow to shit soon. People are gonna find out, and when they do, these two years of us sacrificing our lives would've been for nothing. They'll hate us."

   "You know, this whole thing with you on your own little adventure worries me." Luna sighed, phone pressed to her ear & in between her shoulder as she locked up her bike — next to Braden's. "Look, Stiles, I'll be fine okay. I don't know if you've forgotten, but I can't die." A sigh from the other end, "I still can't decide whether that's a good or bad thing." Luna placed away her helmet, "yeah, same."