Fifteen

A C E

"Are we ready to go?" Mom questioned as she stared at me from top to bottom before nodding approvingly. I rolled my eyes, fixing my suit.

I let out a groan before rolling the sleeves in the suit up. "I can't do this, mom. It's too formal, I feel like I'm getting married." She was wearing a knee-length blue dress, her high kneels clicking on the floor as she took her steps towards me.

I glanced at dad who flashed me a smirk when mom pulled the sleeves down again, "we are going to Ivy's birthday party."

"Exactly! Why do I need to wear a suit? It's not like there'll be many people there. Mason said that it's going to be a between family and close friends thing."

"Ace!" She glared at me, "shut up, will you? Flore told me that she planned a big party for her but she doesn't know. She thinks it's going to be a between family thing but Flore doesn't want that. It's her twentieth birthday and she thinks it needs to be celebrated in a grand way."

"Still don't see why I should wear a suit. This shit makes me uncomfortable as fuck." I didn't bother watching my language which resulted in a glare from mom. She was always the strict one compared to dad who was the 'easy-going' and pretty much the 'I don't give a fuck what you say or do' one.

Dad was also wearing a suit like he always does. His suit was blue, matching the dress of my mother while mine was black.

It's been two weeks since I've known Ivy and she was really fun to hang out with. Ever since she came to the racing club, she started coming there everyday with Mason and we'd talk quite often, not that much but we would. I've been to their house three times this week, two times last week. I played video games with Mason and Ivy as well in his room. I challenged her to race me countless times but she'd always refuse saying she that she'd lose.

"Let's go, son." Dad said as he and mom walked out of the house hands in hand. These two were madly in love with each other. They can't live a second without touching each other, I find this kinda weird if you'd ask me.

"I'm going in my own car," I informed while walking behind them. Mom only hummed in response before dad opened the door for her. Once she was seated inside, he closed the door and went to the driver's seat.

"Well, who's gonna open my door?" I muttered, frowning before making me way towards my own black car.

I V Y

I straightened my strapless rose gold dress which reached just above my knees. It was a gift from my mother. God, I hate wearing dresses—I'm good with my shirt, shorts or jeans.

"Wear these heels," Mom said, pushing a box of shoes towards me. I groaned before opening it, revealing a very uncomfortable pair of rose gold matching shoes with a small butterfly hanging on each side of the lining.

"Why am I dressing up like I'll be receiving guests?"

"We are all dressing up beautifully, sweetheart. Like I said, it is your twentieth birthday. Even if it's just between us you have to dress up nicely. Like, come on, it's your birthday!" She exclaimed, looking at me with an expression I could not figure out present on her face.

I stepped into the heels. My mom then grabbed my hair brush before brushing my long brown hairs. When she was done, she placed the brush on the bed before turning me around to face her.

"You look absolutely stunning!" She chirped with a huge bright smile, grabbing the lipstick before putting it over my lips. I pushed her hand away, shooting her a glare. There were already enough lipstick on.

I then stared at myself in the mirror. God, I was looking like some sort of clown. My face was filled with makeup and my dress was all glittery. The girl who was looking at me from the other side was so not me.

"Ready to go?" Mom asked breaking me out from me trance. I nodded my head before leaving my room with her.

We were just having a small party with my mom, my dad and my brother. Nothing more so I didn't have to worry about anything.  I hated being the center of attention. It would always make me uncomfortable and after what happened with me, I've been feeling self-conscious a lot.