Eighteen

I V Y

"Stop doing that!" I groaned, fixing my hair after he ruffled it. Vincenzo shot me an innocent look, "doing what? I'm not doing anything!"

Rose chuckled before slapping him playfully on his shoulder, "stop teasing the poor girl, darling."

"Where's Mason?" I questioned, looking around the racing club. I arrived there five minutes ago and spent those five minutes talking to Mr and Mrs Romano who approached me when they saw me here and alone.

"He's with Ace somewhere. Why?" Rose asked back with a smile, "he doesn't know that you're here, does he? Otherwise he wouldn't have left you alone."

"I was supposed to help mom and dad paint their room," I explained, "but things got heated between them and I took that as my cue to leave."

Vincenzo smirked as he nudged Rose's arm, saying, "they're us." Rose rolled her eyes at her husband before looking at me, "you'll probably find them at the smal—" Rose cut herself off, her eyes falling on my neck, "—that's a really beautiful necklace."

"Indeed, it looks like the same Ace bought yesterday. Oh wait, it is the same! He bought it for you. How nice of him!" Vincenzo mused, his lips twitching in amusement. He leaned in and whispered in Rose's ear loud enough for me to hear, "remember what I got you for your birthday, love?"

Rose's cheeks flushed red as she cleared her throat before nodding. "Ivy, why don't you check the—" she paused before resuming, "why don't you follow me? I'll show you."

I nodded and watched while she glared at Vincenzo, "follow me, I dare you." Vincenzo rolled his eyes at his wife before planting a kiss on her forehead which resulted in a shy smile from Rose in response. She then grabbed my hand softly before leading me somewhere.

"Did you like the gifts?" Rose suddenly questioned to which I nodded, "very much. Thank you again."

"Anytime, sweetheart." She replied as we stopped in front of a closed door. She brought her hand to the knob before twisting it, opening the door, revealing what looked like a club. Loud music, screams and cheers filled my ears instantly. Rose's grip on my hand tightened as she led me further inside, towards what seemed like a lounge. She opened the glass door and we entered the place. My eyes fell on Ace who was sitting on a couch with Mason beside him. Both had a glass of wine in their hands.

"Look who we have here." Their heads shot up on hearing Rose's voice.

"Ivy?" Mason stood up, "you were supposed to be helping mom and dad paint their room, no?"

"She was," Rose nodded, replying for me, "she said things got heated in between the two so she left."

"So damn relatable." Ace spoke up earning a glare from Rose in response. He rolled his eyes at his mother before looking at me, "why don't you join us? We were bored anyway."

"Take a seat, grab a drink. We are playing truth or dare." An unfamiliar voice said making me turn around. My eyes fell on a girl who had to be of the same age as me. She had blonde hair, pale skin and blue eyes. She was absolutely stunning. She flashed me a friendly smile before gesturing to the seat beside her.

"That's Julia," Mason introduced, "and Julia, that's my s—" Mason was cut off by Julia who held up her hands, "your sister, I know. It's a pleasure to meet you, Ivy. Come on, take a seat." I walked over to her before taking a seat next to her. She shot me a smile, "I'm sure we'll be besties."

"Julia is a friend of ours." Ace said, his eyes fixed on the necklace he gave me yesterday, "you guys will get along just fine." He adverted his eyes from the necklace to his mother, "you can leave unless you want to stay and play truth or dare with us?"

"I would have," Rose said, rolling her eyes, "but you play dirty and no mother wants to witness her son doing nasty stuffs so no, I'm out. You kids have fun." She then turned around and left, closing the door behind her.

"Alright, let's continue. Whose turn was it?" Julia questioned, receiving shrug from everyone excluding me and my lost self. She then glanced at me before smirking, "well, since Ivy just joined us, why don't we start with her?"

"Fantastic idea," Mason smirked, looking at me, "truth or dare, baby sis?"