Twenty-two

"What are you doing here at this time?" I asked, knitting my brows in confusion at my brother. My eyes flickered from him to the woman beside him.

"Hi!" The woman chirped, "I'm Isabella, Mason's girlfriend. I just came from France and Mason being Mason wanted me to meet you."

"Yeah..." Mason scratched the back of his head nervously, "I wanted you to meet her like right now. I know it's late but I heard some noises in here and figured out that you weren't sleeping. This meeting couldn't wait."

Seriously?

"It's really great to finally meet you." I said, smiling sweetly at Isabella while inside, I was so damn anxious. Ace was hiding under my bed and my brother and his girlfriend were in front of my door.

"Likewise! I've heard so much about you. Mason wouldn't stop ranting about how great you are and all." Isabella smiled back.

"So, would you let us in?" Mason asked, placing a hand on the back of Isabella's lower back, "I figured you two could get to know each other better. I mean, I would want my sister and my girlfriend to be friends."

"I'm actually really sleepy right now..." I said, shooting them an apologetic look, "we could talk tomorrow."

"What?" Mason frowned, "you don't look sleepy."

"Respect my wishes, brother. I don't want to talk to your girlfriend now. Like I said, I'm very sleepy." I spoke through gritted teeth with a tight fake smile and a warning tone. Isabella chuckled nervously, glancing up at Mason who was frowning.

"Come on. Don't be such an ass."

"It's okay, Mace." Isabella assured, "it's late anyway. I'll just come tomorrow."

"Great idea!" The words slipped out from my mouth on its own making my eyes widen, "I'm sorry. That's not what I meant. I mean it is but not in that way. I'm really happy to meet you and I can't wait for us to become friends."

"Me neither!" Isabella chuckled, her eyes falling on something behind me. A slight look of recognition crossed her eyes before she looked at me and smiled, "I understand. You must be very sleepy."

She held Mason's hand before saying, "I'm really tired too, Mace. I'll see you in the morning, Ivy. Oh and call me Izzy."

"Sure thing." I smiled as she took a step forward before hugging me. I hugged her back when she whispered, "say hi to Ace for me. His tattooed hand on which his name is written is showing." Breaking the hug, Isabella winked at me before she left with Mason. I like her already.

I closed the door and turned around, finding Ace already out of hiding. I shot him a glare, "she saw you."

"Who? Izzy?" Ace asked to which I nodded, "yes, she saw your tattooed hand." I pointed to his left hand on which his hand was written on his wrist, "what if she tells Mason?"

"Relax. She won't tell him shit." Ace lied down on my bed, his head resting against the headrest, "Izzy's like a big sister of mine. I knew her ever since we were in kindergarden. Our parents are friends and so are we. She met Mason two years ago and the two hit it off...." He paused, "instantly."

"Alright. I think it's time for you to leave." I walked towards the window and opened it again, "off you go."

Ace raised his brows at me, "are you serious? You want me to jump?"

"I want you to leave the same way you came." I replied, gesturing to the opened window. My room was on the second floor in the house. He stood up from the bed before walking towards the window.

"No goodbye kiss?" He asked with a smirk.

"No. This is the last time that this happe—" I was cut off by his lips over mine. I sighed before responding to the kiss. I felt him smirk against my lips before he deepened the kiss.

"You were saying?" He asked, breaking the kiss.

"Just leave, Ace." I took a step backward. I was angry at myself for what happened. How could I allow this?

"I'll see you tomorrow at the racing club." He said before jumping out of the window. He landed on the top of a car which set it's alarm off. He then took out his keys from his pocket and turned off the alarm immediately. Good thing it was his own car.